The Coffman lab is interested in understanding the pathogenesis of diabetic kidney disease using multi-omics approaches and animal models recapitulating key features of the human disorder. Our laboratory works closely with DYNAMO (Diabetes StudY in Nephropathy And Microvascular COmplications), a Singapore-based international consortium of basic and clinical scientists focused on identifying the root causes of diabetic nephropathy to provide a basis for new approaches to prevention, risk stratification, and treatment. Seeking candidates with experience in molecular and cell biology techniques, mouse models, and statistics/bioinformatics.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of research activities which include planning, organising and conducting research studies within the overall scope of a research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or his/her designate, including but not limited to the following: -
- Independently carry out the design and execution of experimental research required by the research component of the project.
- Write and review research papers, present research outcomes, conceptualise new ideas and develop plans for independent research which could have a considerable influence and impact on the relevant field attracting research funding.
- Provide support for external grant/protocol development, study design and management of research activities.
- Contribute to occasional educational / instructional activities and project management.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to undergraduate / medical students and research assistants.
- Maintain optimal experiment progress in the laboratory or in the research work undertaken.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described therein.
- PhD and/or post-graduate medical degree with at least 3 years’ relevant research experience and training.
- Entry level candidates may also be considered.
- Knowledge of the scientific background relevant to the research area and laboratory experimental skills, where applicable.
- Proven track record in the form of high impact publications.
- Demonstrated capability of research independence progressively.
- Strong writing and critical thinking skills, as well as good communication and presentation skills.
- A team player who is able to prioritise, multi-task and work collaboratively in a diverse workforce.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Research Assistant [Lkc Medicine], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
Research Centre in the laboratory of Assistant Professor Xia Yun We are currently recruiting a Research Assistant who will join the laboratory of Assistant Professor Xia Yun at Lee Kong Chian Scho...
Research Assistant [Lkc Medicine], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 7 days ago
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for: Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Dr. Yasunori Saheki We are currently recruiting a research assistant who will join the laborator...
Research Fellow, Wound Healing [Lkc Medicine], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 8 hours ago
The laboratories of Ray Dunn (Associate Professor, LKCMedicine) and Srikala Raghavan (Principal Investigator, A*SRL) seek to identify a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow who will carry out biol...
Research Fellow (Mechanobiology Institute), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 6 days ago
Job Description The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore, is a multidisciplinary institute committed to developing new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of ...
Research Assistant (Biology/Biochemistry), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 7 days ago
The School of Biological Sciences (SBS) is a school of the College of Science. It was established in 2002 with the mission to make a strong contribution to biological and biomedical sciences. Rese...
Research Fellow (Scalpel), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 27 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow position in the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singa...