30 Nov 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
29 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Research Fellow Position in Cultured Seafood Meat
My Laboratory in National University of Singapore (Department of Biological Sciences) is seeking a highly-motivated Research Fellow to join our efforts in researching and developing Cultured Meat Products from economically important seafood and fish species.
Key Research Duties and Developmental Roles:
- Develop and optimize protocol for the establishment and maintenance of primary muscle stem cell cultures, and their subsequent selection and eventual conversion into permanent stable cell lines.
- Develop robust protocol for the differentiation of muscle stem cells into terminally myotubes, and their finally assembly into “Cultured Meat”.
If you are a passionate, motivated and highly independent individual looking for an innovative research position in “Cultured Meat”, please submit your application and detailed CV using the contact information given below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
AP Chan Woon Khiong
Department of Biological Sciences
National University of Singapore
E-mail: [email protected]
- Ph.D. degree in Life Sciences or Biology or related fields with strong foundation in mammalian cell culture, preferably with good working experience with embryonic stem (ES) and/or induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells.
- Ideally, candidates should also have some knowledge or experience in the handling and culture of divergent cell lines from aquatic vertebrate or invertebrate species.
- Finally, candidates with research experience in muscle stem cells (myoblasts or muscle satellite cells) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should possess strong proficiency in the handling and characterization of primary and immortalized cell lines using molecular and cell biology tools (such as cloning, qRT-PCR, RNASeq transcriptome profiling and analyses, immunofluorescence staining).
- A good publication record, with first authorship publications, would be highly desirable.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department: [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID: 20533
Where to apply
Postdoctoral Researcher In Skin, Alternative Splicing, And Single Cell Biology (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 6 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Description of the research group Kasper Lab. With our research – rooted within the fields of skin and stem cell biology – we aim to answ...
Postdoctoral Studies In Stem Cell Metabolism (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 12 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The research team A postdoctoral scholarship is available in the lab of Pekka Katajisto at the Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, ...
Postdoctoral Studies In Mechanistic Als Studies (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 1 day ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts research and educat...
Postdoctoral Fellow Immune Oncology, Vaccinology And Immunology, City of Hope, United States, 1 day ago
JOIN US MARCH 5th! You’re invited to a live virtual presentation featuring Ajay Goel, Ph.D., AGAF hosted by City of Hope to share insights on his research and provide valuable information to cand...
Research Assistant I Lab, Harvard University, United States, 11 days ago
16-Feb-2024 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 64951BR Job Summary Under the direction of the iPS core facility manager, carries out independently the daily activities of the core facility, including re...
Postdoc In Dopaminergic Neurons And Parkinson’s Disease, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 1 day ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in the laboratory of Professor Ernest Arenas: http://ernestarenaslab.org/ . The labora...