26 May 2023
SINGAPORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (SIT)
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
31 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to research and develop an integrated solution in the areas of food science, chemical engineering, chemical analysis, and mathematics modelling.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
1) Conduct laboratory trials and pilot plant trials to develop protein extraction process.
2) Conduct instrumental analysis for protein specifications.
3) Perform data analysis and mathematics modelling.
4) Draft technical report.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science & Technology, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- Relevant experience in chemical extraction process and food analysis.
- Knowledge in chemistry and mathematical modelling will be advantageous
- Proficient in English writing and speaking.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Show strong initiative and take ownership of work
- Self-directed learner who believes in continuous learning and development
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in technical writing and presentation
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with people within and external to the university.
Where to apply
Doctoral Student In Physical Chemistry (Msca Cofund Project Prismas) (Pa2023/2760) , University of Lund, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
PRISMAS - PhD Research and Innovation in Synchrotron Methods and Applications in Sweden – is a new doctoral network training the next generation of 40 leading synchrotron experts and is co-funded ...
Laboratory Manager Biochemistry (1.0 Fte), AcademicTransfer, Netherlands, 13 days ago
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University , the various disciplines collaborate intensi...
Doctoral Student In Theoretical Chemistry (Msca Cofund Project Prismas) (Pa2023/2726) , University of Lund, Sweden, about 14 hours ago
PRISMAS - PhD Research and Innovation in Synchrotron Methods and Applications in Sweden – is a new doctoral network training the next generation of 40 leading synchrotron experts, co-funded by the...
Assistant Professor Biotechnology For Sustainable Food Security, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
Will you develop a top research group on sustainable design and impact assessment of novel food production technologies, thereby contributing to sustainably meeting the food demands of a growing p...
2024 Chemistry Lecturer / Assistant Professor Positions, WENZHOU - KEAN UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU), located in Wenzhou, China, one of three Sino-American universities along with NYU Shanghai and Duke Kunshan University, is approved by the Ministry of Education of C...
Rita Cornforth Fellowship Professor/ Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer In Biological Chemistry, AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU), United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Classification: Academic Level C (Senior Lecturer), Academic Level D (Associate Professor), Academic Level E (Professor) Salary package: $129,049 - $190,180 per annum plus 17% superannuation Term:...