As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to research and develop an integrated solution in the areas of food science, chemical engineering, chemical analysis, and mathematics modelling.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
1) Conduct laboratory trials and pilot plant trials to develop protein extraction process.
2) Conduct instrumental analysis for protein specifications.
3) Perform data analysis and mathematics modelling.
4) Draft technical report.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science & Technology, Chemical Engineering, or related fields.
- Relevant experience in chemical extraction process and food analysis.
- Knowledge in chemistry and mathematical modelling will be advantageous
- Proficient in English writing and speaking.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Show strong initiative and take ownership of work
- Self-directed learner who believes in continuous learning and development
- Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient in technical writing and presentation
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with people within and external to the university.
Research Associate (Chemical/Environmental Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 21 hours ago
A Research Associate position is available in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Job Description: Pure culture of fungal strains Set up...
Senior Executive, Technical, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 12 hours ago
The Senior Executive shall support the school of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology in technical and administrative activities to ensure the smooth and safe functioning of the labor...
Membrane Engineer, Separation Technologies Applied Research And Translation Centre [Nt Uitive] (Unfilled), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 12 hours ago
START Centre (NTUitive Pte Ltd) is looking for a Membrane Engineer responsible for carrying out daily operation, testing of membranes and modules, polymer dope organic chemical preparations, assay...
An Invitation To The Prospective Tenure Track Faculty Candidates, National University of Singapore - Chemical and Biomolecular Department, Singapore, 20 days ago
An Invitation to the Prospective Tenure-Track Faculty Candidates The Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is excited to announce several ...
Research Associate (Lavender Project), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 12 hours ago
A Research Associate position is currently available in the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute - Biotechnology. Key Responsibilities Work synergistically with PI/Co-PI on conducting ex...
Research Associate (Materials Chemistry), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 8 days ago
The School of Materials Science & Engineering seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all and recruit on the basis of meri...