Job Opening for 3D Printing Design Engineer (Job Brief)
NUS Centre for Additive Manufacturing (AM.NUS) is inviting applications for the position of research design engineer for 3D printing. As a design engineer in AM.NUS, you will be working on projects on the following areas:
• End to End 3D printing application development, from customer requirement to finished product
• Design for AM with knowledge of 3D printing technology capabilities and limitations, material properties, cost optimization strategy, etc.
• Product development and design iteration using various types of 3D printing machines, such as FDM, SLM, SLA, Polyjet etc.
• Operation of some machines, quality control, maintenance and safety
• Capability of processing bioimaging data (CT/MRI) is a plus.
The NUS Centre for Additive Manufacturing (AM.NUS) leverages the National University of Singapore (NUS)’s world-class faculties, expertise and advanced capabilities in 3D printing technology, to bring innovative products to the field of healthcare that will improve patient outcomes and change lives for the better. AM.NUS will explore a whole new dimension in medicine, applying ground-breaking 3D printing technology for personalized patient treatments.
AM.NUS is the only multi-disciplinary Additive Manufacturing (AM) center in an Institute of Higher Learning in Singapore which comprises the following Faculties (Medicine, Science, Dentistry and Design & Engineering). The Centre is supported both internally by NUS and externally by National Additive Manufacturing Innovation Cluster (NAMIC).
● Design and develop product with clients including medical devices, implants, and instruments from concept to market launch. Responsibilities will cover all aspects of the design process, including research, prototyping, laboratory testing, iterating, design for manufacturing, and detailed design of final parts and assemblies.
● Work in a collaborative environment, interacting with cross-functional teams.
● Develop product requirements and product specifications based on user requirements.
● Create CAD models and engineering drawings
● Fabricate and test components and assemblies as needed for product development.
● Create manufacturing process instructions, raw material specifications, and qualification/validation protocols and reports.
● Support creation of test protocols/reports, design review reports, risk management reports, and other supporting documents to comply with the design control processes
• Bachelor degree and above in Engineering, Design, or Material Sciences
• Experience in product development, especially with capability of CAD design and simulation
• Experience related to 3D printing technologies
• Experience in bio-imaging processing will be a plus
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Research Associate (Materials Science & Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
The Singapore Centre for 3D Printing invites applications for the position of Research Associate. Key Responsibilities: To design and test paste formulations for 3D printing. To explore sintering-...
Research Engineer (Electrical And Electronic Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
A Research Engineer position is available in the Centre for Information Sciences and Systems, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Job Descri...
Project Officer (Robotics/Automation), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
School of Art, Design and Media is looking for a candidate to join them as a Project Officer. For our Human-Robot interaction (HRI) research project exploring the intersection between robotic moti...
An Invitation To The Prospective Tenure Track Faculty Candidates, National University of Singapore - Chemical and Biomolecular Department, Singapore, 23 days ago
An Invitation to the Prospective Tenure-Track Faculty Candidates The Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is excited to announce several ...
Research Engineer I (Rf Circuit Design), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 8 days ago
Division of Physics and Applied Physics (PAP) in School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS) is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Engineer I. The candidate would be active...
Research Engineer Ii (Mobile Robotic Technology), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
The Delta-NTU Corporate Laboratory invites applications for the position of Research Engineer II. The Research Staff’s role is to work on research project involving autonomous mobile robots includ...