The Centre for Music and Health (CMH) is the first dedicated research center in South-East Asia to spearhead and investigate cutting edge, evidence-based practices that leverage the efficacy of music for health and well-being. Situated in the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music, one of the leading conservatories in Asia, and embedded within a top-tier research university, the CMH is uniquely positioned to catalyze the artistic and scientific excellence of the NUS community towards research excellence in this emerging field. The Centre aims to establish world-class music programs and interventions to support crucial aspects of health at NUS and in Singapore, and beyond; and to develop interdisciplinary translational research and evaluation methods to support our evidence-based approach. We aspire to become the leading center for music and health in Asia, pioneering the development of music-based methods and interventions to improve people’s lives.
The Centre for Music and Health is inviting applications for the role of Research Coordinator. This role is offered on a 1-year renewable contract basis; renewal is subject to satisfactory job performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with grant writing, writing and submitting IRB ethics applications, collecting data, and organizing and overseeing participants’ payment/reimbursement.
• Recruit and liaise with study participants, including advertising research studies through various platforms (e.g., in flyer, email, and social media formats, etc), and be the primary point of contact for study participants.
• Oversee training of CMH Research Assistants and Student Assistants
• Contribute to literature reviews, experimental design, sample size power analysis, statistics and data analysis, and manuscript writing.
• Assist with writing up, communicating and disseminating findings/results (in conferences, popular science forums, blogs, social media, etc.) as appropriate.
• A recognised degree in Music Psychology, Medicine, Public Health, or another area of relevance to Music & Health.
• At least 1 year of prior research experience.
• Experience with empirical research experimental design, data collection and analysis.
• Excellent academic/research writing abilities.
• Grant writing experience a plus.
• Good organisational and administrative skills.
• Able to work independently, but also a good team player.
• Adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music
Department : Dean's Office (YST Conservatory of Music)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18825
Research Analyst / Senior Analyst / Associate Researcher Fellow (International Centre For Political Violence And Terrorism Research) [Rsis], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
Research Analyst / Senior Analyst / Associate Researcher Fellow (International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research) The S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), a Gra...
Academic Positions In Law , ;, Singapore, 26 days ago
The National University of Singapore Faculty of Law (NUS Law) invites applications for full-time appointments at the level of full Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor. NUS Law v...
Research Analyst / Senior Analyst / Associate Researcher Fellow (International Centre For Political Violence And Terrorism Research S) [Rsis], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
Research Analyst / Senior Analyst / Associate Researcher Fellow (International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research - S) The S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), a...
Manager, Business Operations Management, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 7 days ago
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Ministry of Edu...
Adjunct Faculty, B Mi M Mgmt6066 Doing Business In Asia, 2022 23 July Term, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 1 day ago
Adjunct Faculty, B-MiM MGMT6066 Doing Business in Asia, 2022-23 July Term - (2300003W) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recogn...
Senior Lecturers In Finance, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 14 hours ago
The Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University invites applications to fill a faculty position in Finance, to be based in the Division of Banking and Finance. The level of appointme...