Research Associate (Structural Dynamics on TPR Contributing to Drone Operations in Urban Environments)
The Air Traffic Management Research Institute (ATMRI) invites applications for the position of Research Associate.
Air Traffic Management Research Institute (ATMRI) in Singapore was established by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) on 5 February 2013. ATMRI is Singapore’s first institute dedicated to research and development (R&D) in Air Traffic Management (ATM). As a key element of the initiative to build Singapore as a Centre of Excellence for ATM, ATMRI envisions to be a renowned research institute, finding innovative solutions, and catalysing an ATM transformation in the region. Beyond generating knowledge and know-how, ATMRI undertakes the mission to build and nurture intellectual human capital to ensure a sustainable pipeline of research manpower for ATM R&D in Singapore and beyond.
The Research Associate (RA) is needed for the NRF project on Unmanned aircraft systems Traffic Management (UTM) under Air Traffic Management Research Institute. The project will focus on the investigation of implementable UTM strategies and relevant topics that are suitable to urban environments in Singapore, as well as other safety factors that should be considered to implement UTM in Singapore.
- Work on drone operations in urban environments by the analysis of structural dynamics and the assessment of severity and probability. These are the key areas contributing to the third-party risks, while taking Unmanned Aircraft’s safety requirements into consideration.
- Develop and perform on structural CAE analyses via commercially available software (for example, Abacus, Ansys, CFD, Matlab, LS-dyna, Python, etc.)
- Structural dynamics analyses cover impact effects, multibody dynamics, and drone’s crash area.
- Generate models of drones and objects (car, shelter, glass, rooftop, etc.) to collide/impact.
- Manage and coordinate team members for the on-time completion of project milestones and deliverables.
- Report to the Principal Investigator on Research Progress of the research teams.
- Prepare quarterly (administrative) progress report to the funding agency.
- Prepare technical reports to the funding agency.
- Publish publications on the relevant areas (top-ranked conferences/journals).
- Accomplish required milestones and deliverable.
- A Master degree from acclaimed university in the field of applied mathematics, mechanical engineering, aviation, computer science, or other relevant majors.
- Excellent programming skill in Abacus, Ansys, CFD, Matlab, Python, etc.
- Perform structural dynamics analyses and envelope severity-probability metrics.
- A creative thinker with innovative and curious mind as the program covers fast-changing research areas.
- An independent researcher and a good team player as well to achieve top-notch results of the multi-disciplinary programme.
- Good written and verbal presentation skill in English.
- Experienced in project management, production of administrative and technical reports, and presentation to external parties.
- Good record of peer-reviewed research publications.
- Good understanding of aviation terminologies and regulations.
- Able to achieve monthly/quarterly deliverable/KPIs assigned.
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment.
- Willing to accept and perform last-minute job(s) and administrative tasks contributed to the programme.
- Able to fulfill multi-tasking requirements, and to accept new job scope related to the programme.
- Experience with drone flying (UAPL holder), air traffic management, and risk analysis is preferred.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Hiring Institution: NTU
Assistant Professor And Deputy Programme Director Based In Singapore , University of Glasgow ;, Singapore, 14 days ago
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Professor and Deputy Programme Director - based in Singapore. Representing the University of Glasgow (UofG), through the University of Glasgow Singapore (UG...
Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead (Aicet) 5, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 27 days ago
Job Description AI Singapore (AISG) is a national AI programme launched by the National Research Foundation (NRF) to anchor deep national capabilities in Artificial Intelligence (AI). The programm...
Associate Professor (Tenure Track) In Complex Networks And Computational Game Theory, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 14 days ago
Associate Professor (Tenure Track) in Complex Networks and Computational Game Theory Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ranked 19th in the 2022 Quacq...
Adjunct Faculty, Mqf, Qf623 Portfolio Management G1, 2022 23 April Term, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 19 hours ago
Adjunct Faculty, MQF, QF623 Portfolio Management G1, 2022-23 April Term - (2300001V) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognis...
Adjunct Faculty, Mqf, Qf623 Portfolio Management, 2022 23 April Term, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 19 hours ago
Adjunct Faculty, MQF, QF623 Portfolio Management, 2022-23 April Term - (2300001U) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised ...
Adjunct Faculty, Mqf, Qf633 C++ For Financial Engineering G1, 2022 23 April Term, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 19 hours ago
Adjunct Faculty, MQF, QF633 C++ for Financial Engineering G1, 2022-23 April Term - (2300001X) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally...