The position of Research Associate (Bioinformatician) is immediately available in the Genome and Data Analytics Core (GeDaC) at the Cancer Science Institute of Singapore (CSI) -- a part of National University of Singapore. The CSI GeDaC is building a platform to facilitate the automated processing and analysis of large cancer genomics datasets. Successful candidates, in conjunction with bioinformatics experts, will build and optimize various components of this platform. This position provides a unique opportunity to apply DevOps skills to Amazon Web Services (AWS), data-intensive computing, and artificial intelligence to drive novel discoveries in cancer genomics.
Duties And Responsibilities
Participate in the continued development of:
- Deploy and optimize of scalable genome processing workflows on AWS
- Facilitate cost-effective analytics via AWS microservices and serverless architecture (Lambda, Fargate, Aurora, etc.)
- Assist with database design, implementation, and management
- Enable unit testing and deployment automation (CI/CD)
- Help manage data ingress and egress to S3/Glacier
- Bachelors or Masters degree (minimally) in computer science, information systems, bioinformatics, engineering, mathematics, or related fields 2+ years of DevOps experience
- Strong Python programming skills and proficiency with Unix-based systems
- Experience with collaborative software development via github/gitlab
- Database management experience (SQL, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Some knowledge of biology and genetics
- Software development experience in industry
- Past projects using CI/CD tools on commercial clouds
- Experience with on-prem to cloud data migrations AWS certifications
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Research Engineer I (Computer Science/Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 7 hours ago
The Cyber Security Research Centre @ NTU (CYSREN) invites applications for the position of Research Engineer I. The Research Engineer will design and deploy software applications using modern deve...
Project Officer (Molecular Biology), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 10 days ago
A Project Officer position is available in the School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. We are looking for an enthusiastic computational biologist/bioinformatici...
Academic Positions , National University of Singapore ;, Singapore, 23 days ago
Academic Positions at the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law Job Description: The National University of Singapore Faculty of Law (NUS Law) invites applications for full-time appointm...
Lecturer In Spanish Language, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 23 days ago
Job Description Centre for Language Studies National University of Singapore Starting Jan 2023 The National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for a Lecturer in Spanish Language on...
Assistant/Associate Professor, National University of Singapore, Dept of Geography, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
Department of Geography, National University of Singapore (NUS) Two Faculty Positions in Tropical Environmental Change at either Assistant (tenure track)/Associate Professor (with tenure) levels T...
Scis Adjunct Faculty, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 5 days ago
SCIS Adjunct Faculty - (22000075) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised for its world-class research and distinguished ...