14 Nov 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
13 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Are you a biomedical researcher motivated to pursue an outstanding career in cancer research with a focus on organoid research?
Cancer will affect more than 1 in 3 Singaporeans. At the Cancer Science Institute (CSI), our mission is to be at the global forefront of research to overcome this scourge. Our innovative international faculty, cutting-edge facilities, supportive working environment and competitive package together enable each of our staff to realize their maximum potential.
We now seek a Research Assistant/ Associate to join the team of Prof. Ashok Venkitaraman. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with a world-leading cancer researcher to undertake pioneering research on the role of genome instability in human carcinogenesis (eg., see Venkitaraman Science (2014) PMID:24675954 and Venkitaraman DNA Repair (2019) PMID:31337537).
The role will provide expertise in the establishment, genetic manipulation and maintenance of human and murine cell cultures, performance of animal work as well as design/ perform and analyse work within the project parameters.
design, perform and analyse work with mouse models to carry out assigned molecular and cell biology experiments (i.e. cloning, FACS, western blotting, RNA, sequencing, microscopy) and perform analysis and determinations as tasked to organise, preserve and present the results of the experiments in a logical manner to properly and systematically record all experiments that have been assigned and their results
maintain up to date records of inventories for chemical/ biological reagents
assist when required with procurement ensure tidiness and cleanliness of the lab is maintained
- University degree in a relevant field
- Significant amount of experience working with human and/ or murine organoids
- Ability to speak and write clearly in English
- Minimum 2 to 3 years work experience in a molecular biology lab;
- Qualified (RCULA) to work with animal models with practical experience
- Basic principles and practices in the fields of biology.
- Principles, techniques and terminology used in cancer biology.
- Methods of scientific research and relevant scientific theories.
- Appropriate computer operations, software and peripherals.
- General rules for safe exposure and handling of chemical and biological hazards
- IRB, HBRA & IACUC regulations
- Principles, techniques and terminology used in organoid model systems and genomic and RNA sequencing as well as common lab molecular and cell biology techniques (desirable)
- Perform laboratory tests in an efficient and timely manner
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others
Where to apply
Laboratory Technician, University of Alberta, Canada, 3 days ago
This position is a part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA). This position has a term length of one year plus a day with possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits pack...
Research Associate Ii Metabolic Research, City of Hope, United States, about 22 hours ago
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. Join the forefront of groundbreaking research at the Beckman Research Instit...
Staff Scientist In Bacterial Anaerobic Cell Wall Metabolism , Umeå University, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Umeå University is one of Sweden’s largest higher education institutions with over 37,000 students and about 4,700 employees. The University offers a diversity of high-quality education and world-...
Technical Assistant (Bta/Mta/Cta Or Equivalent) (M/F/D) , Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany, about 19 hours ago
01/02/2024 Technical Assistant (BTA/MTA/CTA or equivalent) (m/f/d) The group of Dr. Meritxell Huch is looking for a Technical Assistant (BTA/MTA/CTA or equivalent) (m/f/d)for molecular biology and...
Scientist Postdoc (M/F/D) Bioimaging, Leibniz, Germany, about 2 hours ago
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. develops efficient analytical methods for health research. Thus, it contributes to the improvement of the prevention, early diagn...
Research Specialist In Maternal Fetal Interactions For Epigenetic Inheritance Of Disease, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 15 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Research in germ cell biology and maternal-fetal interactions for epigenetic inheritance of disease is conducted in Qiaolin Deng’s lab, a...