Apply now Job no:495152
Work type:Contract, full-time
Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities, Math/Statistics, Others
Research Associate/Assistant (Quantitative)
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities at the Singapore University of Technology and Design is seeking a Research Associate/Assistant with a strong quantitative research background, to contribute to a multi-disciplinary research project on career transitions of Singaporean workers.
Our project is the first of its kind of Singapore, and is expected to produce novel insights for policymakers that can inform better policies to empower better career transitions for Singaporeans, and contribute to the scholarship on career pathways.
What you can expect from working with us: analysing rich quantitative data, speaking to people from different walks of life about their career experiences, learning how job trajectories develop. We are offering you an opportunity to work with a big panel dataset, and understand various career transition phenomena in-depth. This engagement will be especially useful if you are considering a PhD in the future as it will equip you with hands-on experience of working with data, testing hypotheses, and producing novel findings.
What we are looking for: A candidate with strong quantitative and interpersonal skills. We are especially interested in candidates with good working knowledge of Stata, factor analysis, and structural equation modelling. Willingness to learn new types of data analysis techniques is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to literature review/evidence synthesis.
- Conduct quantitative data analyses.
- Collaborate in a team of researchers to conduct fieldwork.
- Conduct workshops.
- Support the team in project management of the research, including technical aspects and budgeting and administrative tasks.
- Liaising with external stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing papers for peer-reviewed publication, reports and policy papers.
- Additional duties as may reasonably be required within the scope described.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Masters or Bachelors in statistics, economics, sociology, political science, public policy, social science or liberal arts with a strong quantitative research skills background. (Candidates from any discipline are welcome, but we require strong quantitative research skills and some background knowledge of social research methods.)
- Proficient in Stata and R, or SPSS, or Python.
- Good knowledge/demonstrated interest in the social sciences and methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge in using quantitative methods.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to learn new research methodologies.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application with subject heading – Research Associate/Assistant application – to the email address: email@example.com along with the following:
- Letter of interest addressing the essential and desirable skills of this position;
- Name and email address of 3 referees for us to contact;
- A sample of publication or research work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities (LKYCIC) offers an exciting and intellectually stimulating environment in which appointees can make a significant contribution and develop professionally.
Research Assistant (Mechanobiology Institute), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 8 days ago
Job Description The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multidisciplinary institute committed to develop new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of dyna...
Senior/Research Fellow Clinical And Neuroimaging (Macc), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 11 days ago
Job Description The Memory Aging & Cognition Centre (MACC) is a Research Center within the National University Health System funded by the Singapore National Medical Research Council that focuses ...
Research Assistant (Mechanobiology Institute), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 6 days ago
Job Description The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multi-disciplinary institute committed to develop new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of dyn...
Postdoctoral Fellow (Childless Aging In Singapore And Thailand), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
Job Description Job Opportunity at National University of Singapore for Research Project on Childless Aging in Singapore and Thailand (CAST) The postdoctoral fellowship is intended for outstanding...
Research Fellow (Quantitative Research), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 4 days ago
Job Description Applications are invited for the following full-time position in the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health: Research Fellow for Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health The Saw Swee H...
Research Assistant (Computer Science & Information Technology), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 7 days ago
Long Description INVITATION TO APPLY FOR RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIP IN THE DEPARTMENT OF GEOGRAPHY Our team, based at the Geography Department at National University of Singapore, has conducted a seri...