We are looking for a creative, interdisciplinary Research Associate to be a part of our core team to lead program development and initiate and manage conservation research projects. The position will focus on the assessment and quantification of the cultural heritage values of twentieth-century built heritage. The candidate must exhibit an interest in the sustainable development of the historic environment.
• Research and design quantitative methods to assess the various heritage values of twentieth-century architectural heritage
• Plan, conduct, and manage surveys to collect data
• Conduct an assessment of the values of the selected buildings, and identify the key issues from the outcome through data analysis
• Design and conduct behavioural experiments
• Develop conservation strategies
• Be involved in writing reports and publishing academic papers
What we are looking for:
• Candidates with a master’s degree in architectural conservation or a related field of study
• Minimum 2+ years of research experience
• Familiar with Singapore's twentieth-century buildings
• Experienced in quantitative analysis for architectural heritage and familiar with modelling methods like CVM and travel cost
• Proficient in questionnaire design and data analysis using one or more software tools like STATA, SPSS, R, Python, and Matlab
• Practical experience in assessing architectural heritage and understanding how to translate research into policies, from the perspective of built heritage
• Self-driven learning with good interpersonal communication and writing skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Self-motivated and results-oriented
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Architecture
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19587
Senior Assistant Manager / Manager, Exhibition, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
About the NTU Museum The NTU Museum is a dynamic cultural institution that explores and promotes the significance of art and culture in society. Our collections showcase a wide range of contempora...
Research Scientist (Social Psychology), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 8 hours ago
Temasek Laboratories@NTU is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Scientist. The Human Sensing Systems Intelligence Research (HSSIR) group is a cross-disciplinary team of psychologist...
Research Associate (Integrated Circuits Design), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 8 hours ago
The Centre for Integrated Circuits and Systems, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is looking for a Research Associate who will conduct re...
Part Time Lecturer For Dn1011 Form And Visualization, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 13 days ago
School of Art, Design and Media Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Part-Time Lecturer for DN1011 Form and Visualization The School of Art, Design and Media (ADM) at Nanyang Technological ...
Assistant Manager, Student Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
The Student Community Engagement (SCE) Unit, under the Student Affairs Office, seeks to develop the social impact and innovation culture among the NTU student community. It contributes towards NTU...
Project Officer (Mechanical, Electrical And Electronic Engineering), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 8 hours ago
The Singapore Centre for 3D Printing (SC3DP) invites applications for the position of Project Officer. The Singapore Centre for 3D Printing (SC3DP) offers a full range of additive manufacturing se...