We are looking for a creative, interdisciplinary Research Associate to be a part of our core team to lead program development and initiate and manage conservation research projects. The position will focus on the assessment and quantification of the cultural heritage values of twentieth-century built heritage. The candidate must exhibit an interest in the sustainable development of the historic environment.
• Research and design quantitative methods to assess the various heritage values of twentieth-century architectural heritage
• Plan, conduct, and manage surveys to collect data
• Conduct an assessment of the values of the selected buildings, and identify the key issues from the outcome through data analysis
• Design and conduct behavioural experiments
• Develop conservation strategies
• Be involved in writing reports and publishing academic papers
What we are looking for:
• Candidates with a master’s degree in architectural conservation or a related field of study
• Minimum 2+ years of research experience
• Familiar with Singapore's twentieth-century buildings
• Experienced in quantitative analysis for architectural heritage and familiar with modelling methods like CVM and travel cost
• Proficient in questionnaire design and data analysis using one or more software tools like STATA, SPSS, R, Python, and Matlab
• Practical experience in assessing architectural heritage and understanding how to translate research into policies, from the perspective of built heritage
• Self-driven learning with good interpersonal communication and writing skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Self-motivated and results-oriented
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Architecture
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19587
Project Officer (Learning Sciences & Assessment) [Nie], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 21 hours ago
ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE) The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute and we are proud to be an integral part of...
Assistant Manager, Centre For Digital Enablement, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
The Centre for Digital Enablement drives the digital transformation initiatives within SIT. It works with various stakeholders, both internal and external, in upskilling digital literacy across th...
Research Scientist (Ic Design), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
A Research Scientist position is available in the Centre for Integrated Circuits and Systems, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Job Descri...
Assistant Director, R&R Projects, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
You will be in the Renovation and Redecoration (R&R) team under the Office of Development & Facilities Management Department which oversees physical development, and maintenance of all University ...
Research Scientist (Ic Radiation Testing), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 4 days ago
Temasek Laboratories@NTU (TL@NTU) is recruiting a research scientist (PhD Graduate) with an expertise in integrated circuit analysis (e.g., failure/physical analysis, radiation, semi-invasive and ...
Lead It Consultant (Data Platform), Communications And Information Technology, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
As the Lead IT Consultant, you will be involved in architecting, implementing, managing, and running advanced analytics and data platforms. You will assist to establish and implement effective ope...