29 Nov 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
Ethics in social sciences
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
28 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) is a policy research think-tank in the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. IPS is looking to hire a Research Assistant for the Society & Culture Department.
The Research Assistant will be working in a research team that contributes to the Institute’s research programmes, such as social mobility and inclusion, governance of Singapore as a city-state and managing diversities. The department’s workstreams include digital inclusion in various domains (e.g. work and integration) and media policy, impact of new technologies on governance, the future of work and career mobility, and social mobility, and health and social care.
The job scope includes:
- Assisting with the administration and management of research projects, including recruiting and managing participants
- Conducting secondary research (e.g., literature review), data analysis for qualitative and/or quantitative research, and supporting the publication and dissemination of results and findings in reports, policy briefs, and conference and academic journal papers
- Conducting research fieldwork, including surveys, in-depth interviews, focus group discussions, participant observations, and writing field notes.
- Undertaking other administrative duties relating to research projects, such as corresponding with stakeholders and working with other departments (e.g., finance and event management)
- Organising and reporting of seminars and conferences
- Be a Singapore Citizen (owning to the nature of IPS’ workstreams)
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant social science discipline from a reputable university
- Be intellectually curious and possess strong research skills, preferably with some background and a keen interest in issues relating to the department’s workstreams as stated above
- Demonstrate experience and competency in working with and synthesising large bodies of data (gathered through primary and secondary research)
- Have a strong command of the English language and be able to write in a clear and engaging manner, with a passion for grammar, detail and accuracy
- Be resourceful in getting things done and be able to meet deadlines and work well with others
The following are optional criteria that will give your application an advantage:
- Has experience in conducting research, whether qualitative (e.g. interviews and focus groups discussions), or quantitative (e.g. surveys, experiments)
- Has proficiency in Qualtrics and SPSS/R/STATA programming for statistical analyses
Other Job Information
What you can expect from the job:
Researchers at IPS work on a variety of projects initiated by the Institute, the government and the non-profit sector, using both qualitative and quantitative methods. The Research Assistant will be able to engage in a number of research projects and have opportunities to co-author articles and research papers with other members of the research team. He/she will also benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking with various stakeholders linked to the Institute’s work. This job will provide excellent training for a fresh graduate or an early career researcher who is seeking to develop a career in the fields of public policy or social science research, whether in academia, the public service, or the private sector.
To apply (quote CS112023A):
Please upload the following documents via NUS Career Page.
- One-page cover letter (with a brief statement of relevant research experience)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two writing samples (min. 500 words)
Your cover letter should include details such as your highest qualifications, last drawn salary, expected salary and reasons for leaving your last/current position. Please also state when you expect to be able to begin work, if this position is offered to you.
(We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.)
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department : Institute of Policy Studies
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 22842
Where to apply
Research Assistant/Fellow, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
The duration of this Research Assistant / Research Associate position is from 1 March 2024 to 2 April 2026 Job Description We are currently seeking talented individuals with: Educational research ...
Research Fellow, Institute Of Health, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
The team under the leadership of Principal Investigator Professor Dean Ho at the N.1 Institute for Health is currently looking for a Research Fellow with a PhD in Psychology, Social Sciences or an...
Research Assistant, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
The Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is looking for Research Assistant / Senior Research Assistant to work in a project on digital trust. The candidates should meet the followi...
Postdoctoral Fellow (Geography And Remote Sensing), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job Description Job Description: Postdoctoral Fellow The Department of Geography at the National University of Singapore (https://fass.nus.edu.sg/geog/) is seeking a full-time Postdoctoral Fellow ...
Research Fellow (Mechanobiology Institute), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Job Description The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multidisciplinary institute committed to developing new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of d...
Research Assistant In Text To Music Models, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
Our team at the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is looking at generative AI models for music. You will join our Audio, Music, and AI (AMAAI) Lab supervised by Prof. Dorien Her...