As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to explore the issue of family violence experienced in transnational families. The project will use participatory methods to understand the needs of foreign spouses and social service providers with the aim of co-designing culturally responsive family violence approaches. You will also provide research support to another research program focusing on healthy ageing.
This is an 18-month full-time role.
- Participate in and manage the research project with Principal Investigator (PI), Co-PI and the research team members to ensure all project deliverables are met.
- Undertake these responsibilities in the project:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g., Social Work, psychology, public health or other social sciences degree). Possessing a Master’s degree will be advantageous
- Have relevant competence in the areas of undertaking qualitative research including interviews and focus groups
- Work experience with vulnerable populations such as families with complex challenges will be advantageous
- Experience of working in a research team environment will be an advantage
- Possess sound judgement and superior decision-making and problem-solving
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have relevant competence using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of research related software such as NVivo, Endnote, SPSS will be an advantage.
Research Assistant (Department Of Psychology), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 19 days ago
Job Description Full-time research assistant will be required to coordinate with Growing Up in Singapore Towards healthy Outcomes (GUSTO). They are expected to assist the Principal Investigator (P...
Research Assistant (Dept Of Medicine), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 24 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for Integrated Innovations in Infectious Diseases (I3D) in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo L...
Research Fellow (Dept Of O&G), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 15 days ago
Job Description Main duties and responsibilities: Able to work independently on any given project, from planning and executing experiments, data analysis, to the writing and submission of manuscri...
Research Fellow In Energy Studies Institute (Strategies Of Other Countries), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 26 days ago
Energy Studies Institute The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by conducti...
Research Assistant (Office For Students), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 10 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant in the Office for Students (OfS), Dean’s Office, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Office for ...
Research Assistant / Senior Research Assistant, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 19 hours ago
Apply now Job no:495154 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, Engineering Product Development, Temasek Laboratory, Engineering - Electrical & Electr...