Apply now Job no:494783
Work type:Contract, full-time
Categories:Bachelor Degree, Engineering Product Development, Digital Manufacturing & Design (DManD), Engineering - Mechanical, Others
Location: Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) – Digital Manufacturing and Design Center (DManD)
1. Introduction and objectives
This position is within a research project funded by the Pre-positioning Industry Alignment Fund (AME) from A*STAR. The PMCP project strives to bring together and coordinate continuous carbon fiber reinforced polymer composites (CFRPs) related expertise across Singapore’s research ecosystem to cooperatively engage industry collaborators and partners. The collective aims of the program are twofold: to build up our R&D capability in CFRPs, particularly thermoplastic CFRPs (CFRTPs); and to nucleate and grow composite manufacturing activities in Singapore and the region, becoming a regional research center supporting the application of composites in the ASEAN market in the future. The stakeholders in this project are SUTD, NUS, NTU, IHPC, IMRE, SimTech, and ARTC. The overall coordinator of the project is NUS. The Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) system at SUTD is unique in Singapore and highly sought after by companies in all sectors, especially military and aerospace.
2. Job description
The candidate will:
- Work closely with the PI for WP1.3 and all others in the team
- Work with all stakeholders and align to the project objectives and deliverables
- Contact suppliers and handle purchase orders of all consumables and equipment pertaining to the project
- Contribute to the team’s efforts throughout
- Maintain and operate the robotic AFP system and all its associated components
- Strive to advance the state of the art in AFP of composites, with particular emphasis on experimental testing and manufacturing
- Contribute to, and co-author publications in high impact journals and conferences
3. Candidate profile
The candidate must have:
- At least a BSc in Engineering, preferably mechanical
- A consolidated knowledge of the design process, and a strong knowledge of composites technology, simulation, manufacturing, testing, and analysis
- Knowledge of robot programming and control (KUKA, ABB)
- A “can do” attitude
- Some experience in talking to companies
- The ability to organize and present information clearly
- Independent attitude towards experimental research
- Proficiency in design of experiments
Applications close:30 Sep 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Research Fellow (Electrochemistry), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Job Description Postdoctoral Researcher to develop electrolzyers for electrochemical CO2 reduction Our research group in the Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, has been dev...
Senior Research Fellow, Programme Lead (Inno Hub), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, 17 days ago
Innovation Hub (“InnoHub”) aims to support companies including SMEs, Start-ups, Innovators and its industry-partners in leveraging on the partnership with the network of Centre of Innovations (COI...
Research Fellow (Chemistry), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 14 days ago
Job Description Our research group in the Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, has been developing electrocatalytic materials and systems for energy conversion reactions. Rea...
Research Fellow Dept Of The Built Environment, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
Job Description Duties and responsibilities The “Construction Performance Analytics & Innovation Research Unit (cPAIRu)” at the Department of the Built Environment, National University of Singapor...
[Educator Track] Teaching Assistants, FASS-Communications and New Media, Singapore, 24 days ago
Position ID:National University of Singapore -CNM -TACNM [#19188] Position Title: Position Type:Non tenure-track faculty Position Location:Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge 117570, Singapore [map ] Sub...
Postdoctoral Researcher, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 10 hours ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...