23 May 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
21 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The research assistant will work closely with Asst. Research Prof. Patrick Rebentrost and other members of the computer science group at CQT at the intersection of quantum algorithms and optimization, specifically on problems related to machine learning and finance. Sample topics include:
- Quantum algorithms for problems in machine learning and algorithmic learning theory.
- Quantum algorithms in the near-term noisy quantum computing, e.g., kernel methods, classifiers, and neural networks, including variational algorithms and post-variational algorithms.
- Other related topics in quantum information and learning from quantum data (tomography, classical shadows).
We are particularly looking for candidates with a background in computer science and previous exposure to quantum computing, quantum algorithms, and/or quantum information. Suitable candidates will also have experience with numerical simulations of quantum algorithms using software such as Qiskit.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or applied mathematics.
- Research experience on quantum algorithms and/or quantum information.
- Programming experience using quantum software toolkits such as Qiskit.
- Ideal candidates have presented their previous research in publications and/or research talks.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
Location: [[Kent Ridge]]
Department : [[Centre for Quantum Technologies ]]
Job requisition ID : []
Where to apply
Senior Research Fellow, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
Postdoctoral fellow position is available. Preferred research areas (theoretical research only) include, Quantum computation in physical systems, Quantum control to mitigate decoherences, Cavity Q...
Research Fellow, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
Position: Research Fellow Title: Research Fellow in Many-Body Quantum Thermodynamics (Theory - 2 years) Contract Period: 2 years (Starting February 2024) Job Description: We are searching for one ...
Opening Postdoctoral Fellowships, Quantum Navigation, University of Waterloo, Canada, 1 day ago
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Quantum Navigation Two postdoctoral positions are available immediately in Professor Cory’s laboratory for the development of a quantum navigational device in collaborat...
Research Fellow In Mixed Quantum Classical Hydrodynamics, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Mathematics Location: Guildford Salary: £39,347 to £40,521 per annum Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Monday 30 October 2023 Reference: 042823 Applications are invited for the...
Postdoc In Multi Qubit Quantum Photonic Devices – Dtu Electro, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
Are you a talented and ambitious researcher? Are you excited about quantum science and technology? Do you enjoy finding working solutions to great challenges? You are then welcome to apply for an ...
Research Fellow In Quantum Cryptography, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
About the Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) The Centre for Quantum Technologies (CQT) is a research centre of excellence in Singapore. It brings together physicists, computer scientists and en...