29 Nov 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
28 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) is a policy research think-tank in the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore. It would like to hire a Research Assistant for the Governance & Economy Department. This individual will report to the IPS Senior Research Fellow who manages the Governance & Economy department. The Research Assistant will have the opportunity to acquire critical research skills and domain knowledge as well as benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking.
The job description includes:
- Tracking research developments relevant to IPS’ four research programmes
- Writing papers and reports
- Assisting in book and research projects
- Conducting data collection and analysis
- Outlining presentations
- Undertaking administrative duties such as correspondence and filing related to research projects
What you can expect from the job:
The Research Assistant will have the opportunity to acquire critical research skills and domain knowledge as well as benefit from exposure to intellectual exchange and networking. They must have good writing and analytical skills and be a good team player. Knowledge and practical experience of statistical analysis would be advantageous. This job will be good grounding for a fresh graduate or an individual with limited working experience, who is seeking to develop a career in the fields of public policy or social science research whether in academia, the public service or the private sector.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with Honours in a relevant social science discipline from a reputable university.
- Preferably 1-2 years but fresh graduates with clearly articulated interests in the policy domains of interest to IPS and internships that support such interests would be strongly considered.
- Have strong English communication and analytical skills, with an ability to write in a clear and engaging manner;
- Have initiative and familiarity with the process of information gathering; and
- Have commitment to meeting tight deadlines and have a track record of producing work that reflects a maturity of thought;
- One-page cover letter (with a brief statement of relevant research experience)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two writing samples (min. 500 words)
Your cover letter should include details such as your highest qualifications, last drawn salary, expected salary and reasons for leaving your last/current position.
(We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.)
Location: Bukit Timah Campus
Organization: Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
Department: Institute of Policy Studies
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 21377
Where to apply
Postdoctoral Fellow (Geography And Remote Sensing), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Job Description Job Description: Postdoctoral Fellow The Department of Geography at the National University of Singapore (https://fass.nus.edu.sg/geog/) is seeking a full-time Postdoctoral Fellow ...
Research Fellow (Mechanobiology Institute), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Job Description The Mechanobiology Institute (MBI), National University of Singapore is a Research Centre of Excellence dedicated to interrogating biological systems from a physical and mechanical...
Post Doc (2 3 Years*) On Quantifying Dutch Historical Sustainability Trade Offs, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Position (Post-doctoral) Researcher Irène Curie Fellowship No Department(s) Industrial Engineering and Innovation Sciences Reference number V39.7262 Job description Are you fascinated by sustainab...
Research Fellow (Mechanobiology Institute), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Job Description The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multidisciplinary institute committed to developing new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of d...
Postdoctoral Research And Impact Fellow, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy, Engineering The above full-time position is available on a fixed term basis from the 1st March 2024 to 31 March 2025 in the Engineering Department (Re...
Senior Life Cycle Assessment (Lca) Researcher And Experienced Project Manager, Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, about 4 hours ago
Your job Are you an experienced LCA researcher with a track record in supporting public and private sector clients in sustainability measurement and LCA? Would you like to support businesses, pol...