The National University of Singapore invites applications for position of Research Assistant in the Department of Ophthalmology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with their direct supervisor, and the lab’s Principal Investigator (PI) to provide research and administrative support to new and ongoing studies to ensure the successful completion of projects in a timely manner.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Undertaking a variety of research-related activities including literature searches and preparation of research materials
- Assisting and handling mice work such as animal husbandry, live ophthalmic imaging, dissection, and processing of mice eye tissues
- Performing molecular and cell biology experiments such as PCR, Western Blots, Immunostaining
- Contributing to the writing and presentation of project updates, research reports, papers and other publications as required
- Supporting the laboratory for general maintenance, stock-taking, and other administrative duties
- Degree in Biological Sciences or Life Science disciplines or equivalent
- Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply
- Prior experience in mice work is highly preferred
- Other requirements (e.g. Skills, Competencies)
- Keen interest in the area of retinal diseases
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with an ability to work independently
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated, committed to laboratory work and able to work flexible hours including weekends
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Ophthalmology
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16878
Research Assistant (Cell Biology And Mice Work), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 6 hours ago
A Research Assistant position is available in the School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Job Description: The Research Assistant is required to carry out the r...
Research Fellow (Bioorthogonal Medical Systems), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 7 hours ago
The School of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (CCEB) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow. Key Responsibilities: Design and synthesize biomedical systems for ...
Research Assistant [Lkc Medicine], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 7 hours ago
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine invites applications for: Research Assistant in the Laboratory of Associate Professor Luo Dahai We are currently recruiting a research assistant who will join the...
Senior Research Fellow (Cell Culture And Protein Production), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 7 hours ago
The Institute for Digital Molecular Analytics and Science (IDMxS) invites applications for the position of Senior Research Fellow. Key Responsibilities: Develop strategies for the development of s...
Research Fellow, Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore, 7 days ago
Job Description The Coffman lab is interested in understanding the pathogenesis of diabetic kidney disease using multi-omics approaches and animal models recapitulating key features of the human d...
Research Fellow (Chemical Biology/Drug Delivery/Nanomedicine), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 3 days ago
The School of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (CCEB) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow (RF) position in the research field of Chemical Biology. Key Respons...