This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the Centre for Nature-based Climate Solutions, to assist in the development and delivery of an effective communication strategy in relation to the Centre’s research and engagement activities.
You will work closely with the Centre Manager, Director and other members of the Centre to enhance the Centre’s brand, as well as communicating effectively with a diverse range of both internal and external stakeholders. This role requires collaborative and resource skill sets to develop and achieve the overall communications strategy for CNCS. You will also be required to support the development and execution of stakeholder engagement activities.
Your work will deliver a wide range of innovative communications and engagement activity that will inform, inspire, involve and influence.
Responsibilities of the position include:
1. CNCS Communications Strategy
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of CNCS’s communications and engagement strategy
• Work closely with teams within CNCS to develop communications plans in support of the Centre’s strategy
• Develop a programme of upcoming activities and make recommendations to improve communications impact and effectiveness
2. Social Media Management
• Manage, produce and update content on CNCS’s social media platforms, ensuring measurable and effective publicity output.
• Develop and manage website content
• Engage effectively with a range of audiences including commercial, public sector and professional organisations, as well as other academic institutions, charities, the public (including children), media outlets, etc., nationally, regionally and internationally to effectively communicate about nature-based solutions and the need to address climate change, to cultivate strategically valuable alliances, and to pursue opportunities for collaboration across a range of activities.
• Ensure brand guidelines for the Centre continue to align with those of the University and fully satisfy the needs of partner organisations and funders.
3. Content Production
• Produce high quality, engaging and creative written products for a wide range of audiences and purposes including the website, press releases, marketing materials, blogs, policy and practitioner briefings, and newsletters.
• Work with research colleagues to develop communications outputs based on their research. Use judgement and creativity to suggest the most appropriate course of action where appropriate and ensure complex and conceptual issues are understood.
• Deliver high quality communication materials, ensuring consistency and compliance with the key messages of the Centre.
4. Media Relations
• Liaise closely with colleagues in the University’s Central Communications Team to seek out positive news stories, write engaging copy, and deal with media enquiries.
• Manage relationships with external agencies, including commissioning films, publications, photography and design work.
• To undertake a variety of administrative duties to support the Centre.
Qualifications / Discipline:
• Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma in environment studies/sustainability/mass communications/marketing/public relations or other relevant disciplines
• General knowledge of and interest in climate change, conservation and environmental sustainability issues
• Ability to produce engaging graphics or visuals to communicate complex ideas or data using appropriate graphics design or data visualization software packages
• Ability to communicate conceptually detailed and complex information effectively and professionally with a wide range of people, incorporating excellent presentation skills
• Self-motivated with an enthusiastic approach
• Experience in marketing or communications role including experience of digital marketing, website content management and social media
• Good knowledge of digital trends, tools and platforms
• Evidence of excellent organizational skills, able to work unsupervised to deadlines, planning and delivering projects, setting and monitoring priorities
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject “Application for RA (Outreach & Communications) by 24 April 2022.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 13895
Research Associate/Assistant (Quantitative), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:495152 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, Lee Kuan Yew Centre for Innovative Cities, Math/Statistics, Others Research Associate/...
Research Assistant / Senior Research Assistant, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:495154 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, Engineering Product Development, Temasek Laboratory, Engineering - Electrical & Electr...
Research Fellow (Biological Science), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
Apply now Job no:495155 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:PhD, Others, Biotechnology The work at SUTD offers opportunity, an environment, a culture – and benefits – that ...