24 May 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
22 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Research Assistant Position in Cultured Seafood Meat
My Laboratory in National University of Singapore (Department of Biological Sciences) is seeking a highly-motivated Research Assistant to join our efforts in researching and developing Cultured Meat Products from economically important fish species.
Key Research Duties and Developmental Roles:
- Establishment and maintenance of primary muscle stem cell cultures, and their subsequent selection and conversion into permanent stable cell lines.
- Develop robust protocol for the differentiation of muscle stem cells into terminally myotubes, and their finally assembly into “Cultured Meat”.
- Purchase of laboratory consumables.
- Maintenance of laboratory inventory and cell culture records.
- General Upkeeping of the laboratory
If you are a passionate, motivated and highly independent individual looking for an innovative research position in “Cultured Meat”, please submit your application and detailed CV using the contact information given below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
AP Chan Woon Khiong
Department of Biological Sciences
National University of Singapore
- Polytechnic Diploma in Life Sciences or related fields; BSc or BSc (Hons) degree in Life Sciences or Biology or related fields.
- Candidates should have knowledge and working experience with mammalian or fish cell culture.
- Candidates should preferably possess proficiency in basic molecular and cell biology techniques (such as cloning, qRT-PCR, immunofluorescence staining).
- Candidates with research experience in embryonic stem cells or muscle stem cells (myoblasts or muscle satellite cells) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 20534
Where to apply
Research Fellow (Biological Sciences), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Job Description Research Fellow Position in Cultured Seafood Meat My Laboratory in National University of Singapore (Department of Biological Sciences) is seeking a highly-motivated Research Fello...
Research Assistant (Aging And Cancer Stem Cell Laboratory), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant under ‘Aging and Cancer Stem Cell Laboratory’ in the Department of Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School ...
Postdoctoral Fellow Developmental And Stem Cell Biology, City of Hope, United States, about 20 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope's mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today. Founded in 1913, City of Hope has grown into one of the largest cancer research an...
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Cruchaga Lab, Washington University In St. Louis, Mo, Vanderbilt University, United States, about 6 hours ago
Posted by hagansa2 on Wednesday, September 13, 2023 in Job Opportunities . The Cruchaga Lab, member of the NeuroGenomics and Informatics Center, is recruiting a motivated, c...
Postdoctoral Fellow Metabolic Disease Research, City of Hope, United States, 3 days ago
Thank you for your interest. Please note, the purpose of this posting is to recruit for on-going and future positions. About City of Hope City of Hope is an independent research and treatment cen...
Postdoctoral Fellow Metabolic Disease Research, City of Hope, United States, about 20 hours ago
About City of Hope City of Hope is an independent research and treatment center for diabetes, cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Bringing together the best in bench-to bedside research, C...