The Centre for Advanced 2D Materials (CA2DM) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is a highly international and multidisciplinary environment with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. Prof. Antonio Helio de Castro Neto's group is looking for a highly motivated professional for the position of Research Assistant/Associate to join the new Battery Laboratory and work on a portfolio of research and development projects (not academic focused) exploring the application of 2D materials and solid electrolytes on energy storage devices.
About the project
The project is funded by Companhia Brasileira de Metalurgia e Mineração (CBMM), Portuguese for Brazilian Metallurgy and Mining Company, a Brazilian company specialized in the processing and technology of niobium. CBMM is by far the world's largest producer of niobium metal and its alloys, providing over 80% of the world's supply.
- Execute supervised R&D projects in the areas of synthesis and characterization of solid electrolytes and electrochemical energy storage systems
- Design and build mechanical systems
- Fabricate battery components and assemble coin and pouch cells for testing
- Review and understand scientific and technical literature
- Perform laboratory analysis, evaluate results and clearly present reports in English to the team
- Suggest innovative pathways for project success
- Design, establish and write standard operating procedures, risk assessments and effective experimental plans for assigned equipment and processes
- Calibrate/maintain assigned equipment
- Work according to established safety procedures in glovebox and dry room battery fabrication lines
- Manage general laboratory inventory (e.g., consumable inventory)
- Perform purchase routines
- Work collaboratively with the team, external collaborators and other research groups
- Work in a laboratory environment within a team of multidisciplinary and multicultural researchers
- Participate in routine housekeeping
Candidates must hold an internationally recognized diploma (polytechnic), bachelor or master degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, material engineering or related fields and
- Have interdisciplinary skills and multidisciplinary mindset
- Team player, self-motivation, proactivity, intellectual curiosity and desire to learn
- Able to conduct experiments
Bonus points for:
- Hands-on experience working in a laboratory environment
- Able to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis
- Technical depth, critical thinking and excellent English communication skills
- Experience with preparing chemical compounds
- Demonstrate aptitude in constructing laboratory accessories
- Experience with electrochemical characterization techniques, e.g., cyclic voltammetry, impedance spectroscopy and potentiostatic and galvanostatic methods
- Experience with material characterization techniques, e.g., SEM, XRD, TEM, FTIR, AFM and XPS
- Experience working in a dry room or glovebox
- Previous experience working in an industrial environment, R&D projects or university experimental laboratory
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Centre for Advanced 2D Materials
Department : Experimental Group
Job requisition ID : 18086
Research Fellow (Flexible Electronics/ Printed Sensors), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 1 day ago
The Delta – NTU Corporate Laboratory invites applications for the position of Research Fellow. Prof Wei Lin Leong’s lab in EEE Department of Nanyang Technological University is looking for a Resea...
Research Fellow (Processing/Microstructural & Characterization Of Advanced Alloys), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 10 hours ago
The School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering invites interested candidates to apply for a Research Fellow position. The Research Fellow will help advance the fundamental understanding of pro...
Research Fellow (Rechargeable Batteries), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
The School of Materials Science & Engineering (MSE) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow. The Research Fellow will need a strong background in electrochemistry, physics, solid...
Research Fellow (Long Term Trial Of High Temperature Sludge Gasification And Investigating The Use Of Sludge Slag In Structural Concrete Applications), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 10 hours ago
A Research Fellow position is currently available in the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute. The candidate will be undertaking full research work and administrative duties during the t...
Research Fellow (Separation Membrane Fabrication), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 10 hours ago
The Nanyang Environment and Water Research Institute invites applications for the position of Research Fellow. NTU seeks a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to equality of opportuni...
Research Fellow (Bioorthogonal Medical Systems), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
The School of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (CCEB) invites applications for the position of Research Fellow. Key Responsibilities: Design and synthesize biomedical systems for ...