27 May 2023
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
- Research Field
- Researcher Profile
Recognised Researcher (R2)
First Stage Researcher (R1)
Established Researcher (R3)
- Application Deadline
25 Jun 2023 - 00:00 (UTC)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The radiochemistry group at SNRSI is seeking a researcher for an integral role in the quantitative and qualitative determination of radio-contaminants (e.g., 238U, 235U, 232Th, 137Cs, 90Sr). The nature of the work requires the utmost best in lab practices, exquisitely clean and creative sample preparation, and expertise in optimizing instrument detection. The incumbent might require the use of both radiometric and analytical techniques for the measurements, such as alpha spectrometry, gamma spectroscopy, liquid scintillation counting, and mass spectrometry. Wet chemistry techniques such as chemical separation, complex sample digestion using wet and dry ash methods, electrochemistry, etc. will be used to prepare samples in order to meet the desired detection limits and mode of measurement. The incumbent will also be required to document and organize analytical data, write reports, and contribute to manuscripts for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
Interested applicants should send in your CV and cover letter. Please prepare to obtain 3 letters of reference.
- Graduating candidates are welcome to apply
- A good B.Sc and/or M.Sc degree in (analytical) chemistry, geochemistry or related disciplines.
- Data analysis and report writing skills utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of programs is necessary, as well as the ability to learn instrumental platform software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively on diverse teams is required
- The candidate should be creative, capable of productive research, and can work independently and as part of a diverse team
- The candidate should be resourceful and collaborative in order to help address complex analytical challenges
- Experience in analytical instruments (LC-MS, GC-MS, IC, SEM etc) with knowledge in method development and troubleshooting is preferable
- Experience in wet chemistry -preparing a variety of samples (example: food, soil, concrete) in labs is highly desirable
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting routine and minor instrumental issues is preferred but not necessary
- Familiar with error propagation and uncertainties are highly desirable
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: S'pore Nuclear Rsch & Safety Initiative
Department : Radiochemistry Team
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 19549
Where to apply
Research Fellow (Food Science & Technology), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Job Description The successful candidate will work with Professor Zhou Weibiao on lab-grown meat under a project on novel detection and mitigation strategies for cellular agriculture. The candidat...
Research Assistant (Chemistry Lab), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 2 days ago
« Back to Jobs Research Assistant (Chemistry Lab) Location: Gracefield Type: Contract Post Date: Mon Sep 11 01:02:20 2023 Ref: 137 Are you looking for a 12-month, fixed-term contract? Do you have ...
Postdoc In Functional 3 D Genome Analysis To Find Covariation Signatures, SciLifeLab, Sweden, 10 days ago
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health at KTH Job description A post-doc position is available at the group of Assoc. Prof. Pelin Sahlén at the SciLifeLab, KTH. We a...
Post Doc Position In Chemical Proteomics And Data Analysis, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 42 minutes ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Chemical Proteomics Core Facility of Karolinska Institutet (ChemProt), Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, announces a...
Postdoctoral Researcher Mass Spectrometry, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Apply now Do you have a passion for drug discovery and want to contribute to diverse research projects embedded in the Oncode-Accelerator consortium using mass-spectrometry-based chemoproteomics? ...
Research Assistant Ii Lab, Harvard University, United States, 25 days ago
30-Aug-2023 Faculty of Arts and Sciences 63427BR Job Summary Under nominal direction, individual performs a variety of basic and general laboratory research and clerical tasks related to fluoresce...