Research Assistant - Adaptive and Interactive Environment
Apply now Job no:494949
Work type:Contract, full-time
Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, Information Systems Technology & Design, Others
This is the “Full-Time Research Assistant Position” for the “Adaptive and Interactive Environment” (AI-E) lab (https://people.sutd.edu.sg/~yixiao_wang/ ). AI-E lab is started by Pr. Yixiao Wang (https://dai.sutd.edu.sg/people/faculty/wang-yixiao ) and is currently growing with multiple research projects. AI-E lab focuses on the human-centered design, engineering, and evaluation of interactive and adaptive environments for applications in education, healthcare, transportation, work-life, etc. The responsibilities of the full-time research assistant include by not limited to:
- Working on multiple research projects: There will be a major research project for the Research Assistant (RA) to work on and multiple side projects that may require RA’s assistance. Research works include but are not limited to Virtual Reality modeling, robotics prototyping, and HRI user studies.
- Managing logistics of the RE lab: For instance, purchasing materials and electronics from local vendors/online platforms, getting reimbursement from research grants through SUTD Finance, drafting student recruitment posts for research projects, etc.
- Assisting with proposal/paper writing: The RA may need to draft short proposals (e.g., UROP/SHARP UROP proposals) to recruit student researchers. The RA may also need to assist students with paper writing when necessary.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- The applicant should have a bachelor's or master’s degree in design-related areas such as Architecture, Industrial Design, etc.
- The applicant should be willing to learn basic robotics prototyping skills (e.g., Arduino, motors, sensors, etc.)
- The applicant should have basic Virtual Reality (VR) modeling skills and be willing to further develop these skills.
- The applicant should have the basic design and digital fabrication skills with some design studio experience.
- The applicant should be able to clearly articulate ideas through speaking and writing in English.
- The applicant should be interested in HRI (Human-Robot Interaction) and willing to learn new HRI skills and knowledge.
Applications close:28 Feb 2022 Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Teaching Assistant (Undergraduate Research), Undergraduate Education, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 26 days ago
Job Description You will be part of the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme (UROP) team working with the Associate Provost (Undergraduate Education) to advance and coordinate undergradu...
Research Associate (Smart Systems Institute), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 15 days ago
Job Description Research and Development in Robotics and Human-Robot Interaction Qualifications A Masters degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Automation Engineering, EEE or related field. Experi...
Research Fellow (Ch Be), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 17 days ago
Job Description Positions are available for Research Fellows (Post-doctoral Fellows) in the group of Dr. Soh Siow Ling, at the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering in the National U...
A Post Doctoral Position In Enzyme Engineering/Synthetic Biology Available At Cnrs@Create, Singapore, CNRS@CREATE Singapore, Singapore, 20 days ago
A Post-Doctoral position in enzyme engineering/synthetic biology is available at the Campus for Research Excellence and Technological Enterprise (CREATE) within a Collaborative Interdisciplinary R...
Research Fellow (Thermal And Diffusive Metamaterials), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 5 days ago
Job Description We are looking for a Research Fellow who is experienced in Thermal Metamaterials. The selected incumbent is expected to Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, model...
Research Fellow (Machine Learning, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence On Nlp), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 11 days ago
Job Description We are looking for a Research Fellow who will be responsible for undertaking in-depth research and innovation in machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence on natu...