Public Policy and Global Affairs
School of Social Sciences
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
The School of Social Sciences offers undergraduate and graduate degree programmes in a full range of disciplines and actively promotes interdisciplinary learning and research.
Open Rank Faculty Position (Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor) in Public Policy and Global Affairs
The School of Social Sciences at NTU Singapore invites applications for an Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Full Professor position in Public Policy and Global Affairs (PPGA).
The Public Policy and Global Affairs Programme is one of the four major programmes in the School of Social Sciences, together with Sociology, Psychology, and Economics. We attract excellent students to our BSocSci and PhD degree programmes and provide them with interdisciplinary training, as well as practical knowledge and skill sets necessary to dissect and address real world problems facing political leaders, policymakers, and the global community.
We seek a dedicated colleague with the necessary skills to collaborate and strengthen PPGA’s research programmes and teaching portfolios, as well as commit to relevant administration duties. Personal aptitude will be important for this position.
The successful candidate will have a PhD in political science or in a related field, a strong track record of research commensurate with career stage (e.g., publishing in established peer-reviewed journals in the discipline, securing and managing externally funded research, organising conference panels and workshops), and effective teaching and training of undergraduate and/or graduate students commensurate with career stage.
We particularly welcome candidates with specialisation in one or more of the following subfields: political theory, comparative politics (politics and policy of Singapore, Southeast Asia, East Asia, and/or South Asia), and research methodology.
In addition to developing their own research programme, we expect the successful candidate to contribute to teaching undergraduate and graduate core modules in the PPGA Programme, and modules in their areas of specialisation. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team in administering the PPGA Programme.
Essential selection criteria:
- A PhD in political science or in a related field.
- A strong research and publication track record commensurate with career stage. Candidates for the rank of Full Professor must demonstrate significant achievements in successfully securing and administering international competitive research grants. They must have made substantial contributions to their profession and have international visibility.
- Experience and interest in teaching PPGA core modules (undergraduate, graduate) commensurate with career stage. Candidates for the Full Professor position must demonstrate outstanding achievement and leadership impact of their teaching (e.g., curricular reforms, innovative teaching).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and commitment relevant to teaching, pastoral care, and administering the PPGA Programme. Candidates for the rank of Full Professor must demonstrate enthusiasm and experience in academic leadership and management, including mentoring junior colleagues in successful career progression.
Desirable selection criteria:
- Specialisation in one or more of the following subfields: political theory, comparative politics (politics and policy of Singapore, Southeast Asia, East Asia, and/or South Asia), and research methodology.
- Research and teaching interests that strengthen and expand PPGA’s research programmes and teaching portfolios.
For further information about the Public Policy and Global Affairs Programme, School of Social Sciences at NTU Singapore, please see: https://www.ntu.edu.sg/sss/public-policy-and-global-affairs .
NTU Singapore offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience in addition to a comprehensive fringe benefit package.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2022 .
Please submit your application through the NTU career portal by clicking the 'APPLY' button:
- Cover letter: please describe your motivation to join the PPGA Programme and a summary of your planned teaching and research activities.
- Curriculum vitae: please address any career gaps in the cover letter.
- Research statement.
- Teaching statement: please include student evaluations (if any).
- Citation report.
If you have any questions about this position, please write to:
Chair, Public Policy and Global Affairs Search Committee
Hiring Institution: NTU
Associate Professor/Full Professor Position In Economics , ;, Singapore, 24 days ago
Economics School of Social Sciences Young and research intensive, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) is ranked among the world’s top universities. Economics under the Scho...
Professor Or Associate Professor In International Relations , ;, Singapore, 26 days ago
The Department of Political Science at the National University of Singapore invites application for one full-time tenure-track or tenured position in International Relations at the rank of full Pr...
Educator Track Lecturer In Comparative Politics , ;, Singapore, 26 days ago
The Department of Political Science at the National University of Singapore invites applications for one full-time educator-track position in Comparative Politics at the rank of Lecturer. We welco...
Faculty Position In Interactive Design At Assistant Or Associate Professor Level , ;, Singapore, 24 days ago
The School of Art, Design and Media (ADM) at NTU, Singapore, invites qualified academics with a strong creative practise to apply for one of two faculty positions in Interactive Media and Design a...
Assistant Professor Or Associate Professor In Photography And Digital Imaging , ;, Singapore, 5 days ago
The School of Art, Design and Media (ADM) at NTU, Singapore, invites qualified academics with a strong creative practise to apply for a faculty position in Photography and Digital Imaging as Assis...
Full Time Faculty, Tenure Track, Operations Management, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 13 hours ago
Full-Time Faculty, Tenure Track, Operations Management - (2300007P) Description TENURE-TRACK FACULTY POSITION IN OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT Applications are invited for tenure-track faculty positions a...