ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE)
The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is the national teacher education institute and an integral part of the nation’s education system. Offering multidisciplinary undergraduate and graduate education programmes, the institute empowers students to analyse, tackle, and resolve challenges in various career pathways, both within and beyond the realm of education. The NIE's unique position within a research-intensive technological university promotes an interdisciplinary approach to research.
Read more about NIE here .
The National Institute of Education invites suitable candidates to join the Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs (AFA) as a Manager, AFA. This is a 3-year contract post.
The Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs oversees the recruitment as well as the career and leadership development of NIE faculty. Day-to-day operations include the full spectrum of administrative processes for faculty appointment, promotion & tenure and contract renewal, and appraisal of faculty. The Office also manages start-up grants, faculty-related data management systems and faculty recognition awards.
In all of these functions, the AFA Office works closely with the Academic Groups, Human Resource and IT departments of NIE and strives to integrate the functions among the departments to ensure the smooth running of all matters related to faculty processes.
The job of the Manager, AFA, is to work together with the AFA team to manage and perform all the administrative processes that come under the purview of the AFA Office.
Management of Faculty-related Processes
- Manage the administrative and evaluative processes related to Faculty Appointment, Promotion & Tenure, Contract Renewal, Lecturer Promotion, and Emplacement, as well as coordinate and synergize this work with other relevant departments in NIE and NTU.
- Advise faculty/administrators on matters pertaining to faculty processes.
- Perform thorough checks of dossiers and documents submitted by faculty to ensure consistency and adherence to prevailing University guidelines.
- Plan and organize professional learning communities and engagement sessions for faculty and Heads of Academic Groups to strengthen their awareness and understanding of NIE faculty policies / guidelines.
- Operationalise faculty development and talent attraction initiatives.
Faculty Awards and Recognition
- Operationalise one of the faculty awards and recognition initiatives.
Faculty-related data management systems
- Manage one of the faculty-related data management systems on a rotational basis; Student Feedback on Teaching, Academic Workload (eAWS), and Publications and Research Database System, and work with the Digital Solutions Department on recommending solutions to issues faced by end users.
Faculty Development and Special Projects
- Work with Dean/AFA, appointment holders and admin team to roll out faculty development plans.
- Assist Dean and Associate Dean/AFA, to strategise and work on faculty development and engagement initiatives and other special projects, as needed, e.g. by conducting literature reviews and environment scans, designing and analysing surveys etc.
- Provide secretariat support for meetings as assigned.
- Prepare progress reports and slides.
- A University Degree.
- At least 5 years of working experience. Prior experience in handling research / research administration / faculty HR / copy-editing and publishing in a University setting will be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Good writing, analytical and integrative skills.
- Outstanding attention to details, strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and interact with stakeholders of various seniority levels.
- Resilient, self-driven, proactive, focused and responsible.
The closing date of the advertisement is 20 December 2023. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their homes to NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Hiring Institution: NIE
Management Assistant Officer, Department Of Medicine (Family Medicine) (2 Year Contract), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 11 days ago
The Role This role will support the planning, coordinating, and operationalising of the Phase I & II programmes under the Division of Family Medicine (DFM). Job Description Phase I & II FCP Commun...
Senior Associate Director, East Asian Institute, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2 days ago
Job Purpose The East Asian Institute (EAI or the Institute) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is the preeminent place for academic and policy-oriented research on political, economic, ...
Donor Relations Manager (Cancer Science Institute), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 13 days ago
Job Summary Being a Donor Relations Manager, you will have to effectively build meaningful connections with Cancer Science Institute of Singapore (CSI) and the University's donors while implementi...
Assistant Manager/ Manager (Dept Of Architecture), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 10 days ago
Job Description I. Grant Management and Research Project Administration • Oversee all aspects of grant administration for research projects, including grant claims/reporting, human resource adm...
Admin Assistant Standardised Patient, Nus Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 5 days ago
Job Description Established in 1905 to educate and train medical professionals for Singapore, the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine is a leading medical educational and research institution in A...
Associate Director (Faculty Research), Nus Law, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 11 days ago
Job Description The National University of Singapore Faculty of Law is widely regarded as Asia’s leading law school. Staffed by an outstanding permanent faculty diverse in origin and qualification...