About NUS IT
NUS Information Technology is the cornerstone to providing reliable, high-performance and secure IT solutions and effective IT governance for the campus. Here at NUS IT, we aim to transform NUS into a borderless computing community providing knowledge at its fingertips by enhancing the use of effective applications and services for teaching and learning.
We drive a culture that is forward-looking. With a strong passion for IT, our people are always striving to improve, push boundaries and innovate with a "can-do" attitude. We embrace collaboration, open communication and knowledge sharing. If you see yourself thriving in a dynamic environment and breaking new grounds with innovative ideas, you will find yourself at home in NUS IT.
As part of our team, you can look forward an empowered work environment that allows you to take charge of your own career path. We provide competitive remuneration as well as flexible work arrangements to enable your growth and development. We pride ourselves on our diverse workforce and are committed to transforming NUS into a leading global University shaping the future.
You will join the Infrastructure (Service Desk) team and use analytical skills to create content design strategy that ensures contents align with user and business goals. This role allows you to work closely with UX team, businesses and users to ensure all contents created for NUS IT services supports most usable, consistent, inclusive and delightful experience for NUS community. You will also design UI to complement content design to deliver a holistic user experience to NUS users.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with users, vendors and stakeholders to design content that balances user needs, resource constraints and development feasibility
- Drive content strategy and creation for IT services by performing user research, and writing, testing, evaluating and improving contents to make IT services easier to use
- Create service flows, taxonomies, nomenclature, support and user materials that enhance clarity and usability of IT services
- Support UX design process by designing and creating visualisation for UI (eg: typography, style guide, infographic, etc.)
- Create and contribute to designs and contents in Figma or other design tools
- Create videos to bring awareness and make IT services easier for users to use
- Contribute to UX framework, and UX and content guidelines and governance
- Design and maintain IT services websites to keep content updated and appealing to users
- Champion for UX adoption and create awareness throughout NUS IT
- Degree holder in UX Design, Product Design, Communications or other relevant discipline
- At least 5 years working experience in UX writing and UI design for websites, mobile and desktop applications, knowledge articles, etc.
- Working knowledge of Design Thinking and/or UX design principles
- Experience with user testing and usability analysis
- Effective written and written communication skills
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with ability to interact with stakeholders and users at different levels
- Creative design skills with proficiency in design tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe XD or Figma
- Have portfolio or experience to demonstrate experience in designing and creation of content, and producing sketches, wireframes, prototypes, task-flows or relevant design artifacts
- Experience in Marketing and/or Communications is an added advantage
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Information Technology
Department : ITSS
Employee Referral Eligible: Yes
Job requisition ID : 19060
Assistant Manager, Centre For Digital Enablement, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 21 hours ago
The Centre for Digital Enablement drives the digital transformation initiatives within SIT. It works with various stakeholders, both internal and external, in upskilling digital literacy across th...
An Invitation To The Prospective Tenure Track Faculty Candidates, National University of Singapore - Chemical and Biomolecular Department, Singapore, 23 days ago
An Invitation to the Prospective Tenure-Track Faculty Candidates The Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is excited to announce several ...
Design Technologist (Df@Sit) Ax2, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 21 hours ago
As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are...
Research Engineer I (Rf Circuit Design), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 8 days ago
Division of Physics and Applied Physics (PAP) in School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS) is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Engineer I. The candidate would be active...
Chan Sek Keong Professorship In Private Law , ;, Singapore, 2 days ago
Job Description: The National University of Singapore Faculty of Law (NUS Law) seeks to appoint a distinguished legal scholar to be the Chan Sek Keong Professor of Private Law. The appointee will ...
Yong Shook Lin Professorship In Intellectual Property Law , ;, Singapore, 2 days ago
Job Description: The National University of Singapore Faculty of Law (NUS Law) seeks to appoint a distinguished legal scholar to be the Yong Shook Lin Professor of Intellectual Property Law. The a...