At NUS, we value the health and wellbeing of our students. We aim to facilitate people’s journey towards a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing, where we realise our own potential and are able to contribute meaningfully to our work and communities. Together, we can help our people to stay healthy and meaningfully engaged.
The University Counselling Services (UCS) (Health and Wellbeing, Office of the President) is responsible for the innovation, implementation and evaluation of health & wellbeing programmes which support the general student population in NUS, as well as specific students who are exposed to acute mentally-stressful events. As a Lead Counsellor at UCS, you will be required to provide clinical consultancy and supervision to your team members, provide clinical psychological support to individual students and work with departmental leaders and stakeholders to enhance students’ health and wellbeing. You will work with a team that is dynamic, fun, and most of all, passionate about supporting the health and wellbeing of our people.
Candidates should have a background in counselling (or relevant psychological professional training) and a hunger to explore new ways of enhancing the mental health of our people. Corporate consultative experience in programme management, as well as solid negotiation and communication skills are highly desirable.
Join us to be part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing: -
- counselling (individual, couple and groupwork)
- clinical consultancy and supervision
- crisis management and interventions
- advocating for student’s mental health
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct counselling and risk assessment independently and provide the necessary support and intervention
- Provide clinical intervention and treatment for specialised group of clients or clients who require more intensive care (e.g. trauma case, victim of abuse/assault)
- Provide groupwork therapy
- Identify training needs of stakeholders
- Develop mental health related programmes and conduct training for the NUS community
- Assist Head of UCS in the development of a specific programmes, targeted at service gaps and service delivery issues
- Lead development and implementation of new psychology services, initiatives and technology based on research and sector trends
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build strategic relationship for more seamless and effective services to NUS students
- Maintain networking with the specific purpose of psycho-educating stakeholders on centre's process, guidelines
Qualifications and Requirements
- Min. Master’s degree in Counselling/Clinical Psychology/Counselling Psychology
- At least 8 years’ experience in the field, including 2 years’ experience in providing Clinical Supervision.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including capacity to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
- Good track record of collaboration and working in a team
- Available to work after office hours and weekends as needed
- Available for consult and / activation during an incident as required
- Experience in specialised work such as groupwork, trauma work, couple therapy, would be an advantage
- Previous counselling experience involving crisis intervention, exposure to tertiary education as well as other mental health sectors would be an advantage
- Certification in clinical supervision would be an advantage
- Experience and interest in data work and analysis would be an advantage
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Health & Wellbeing, Office of the President
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 21748
Head, University Counselling Centre, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 28 minutes ago
This role in University Wellbeing Office (UWO) provides leadership in the provision of professional counselling services and psychological services in NTU to support and promote the psychological ...
Senior Executive, Student Life (Sports Development) (1 Year Contract), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 14 hours ago
The Senior Executive, Student Life (Sports Development) is responsible for coordinating, managing and executing key student development initiatives in SIT. The role requires the individual to supp...
Assistant Manager / Senior Assistant Manager, Safety And Health, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 14 hours ago
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Safety & Health, you will help to administer and maintain the Safety and Health Management System and in driving and promoting workplace safety and health (W...
Manager, Clinical Research Officer, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
Manager, Clinical Research Officer for the Health Screening Centre Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) is looking for a Manager, Clinical Research Officer who is self-motivated, proact...
Professional Officer (All Levels) (Chemistry), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 14 hours ago
Key Responsibilities Develop and deliver hands-on and practical classes in the laboratory. Teach and assess student learning in laboratory and through innovation projects. Mentor and coach student...
Executive, Candidature, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 13 hours ago
The Office of Academic Services (OAS) plays a key role in advancing the University's educational goals through implementing and administering the academic framework and policies established by the...