At NUS, we value the health and wellbeing of our students. We aim to facilitate people’s journey towards a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing, where we realise our own potential and are able to contribute meaningfully to our work and communities. Together, we can help our people to stay healthy and meaningfully engaged.
The University Counselling Services (UCS) (Health and Wellbeing, Office of the President) is responsible for the innovation, implementation and evaluation of health & wellbeing programmes which support the general student population in NUS, as well as specific students who are exposed to acute mentally-stressful events. As a Lead Counsellor at UCS, you will be required to provide clinical consultancy and supervision to your team members, provide clinical psychological support to individual students and work with departmental leaders and stakeholders to enhance students’ health and wellbeing. You will work with a team that is dynamic, fun, and most of all, passionate about supporting the health and wellbeing of our people.
Candidates should have a background in counselling (or relevant psychological professional training) and a hunger to explore new ways of enhancing the mental health of our people. Corporate consultative experience in programme management, as well as solid negotiation and communication skills are highly desirable.
Join us to be part of a multi-disciplinary team, providing: -
- counselling (individual, couple and groupwork)
- clinical consultancy and supervision
- crisis management and interventions
- advocating for student’s mental health
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct counselling and risk assessment independently and provide the necessary support and intervention
- Provide clinical intervention and treatment for specialised group of clients or clients who require more intensive care (e.g. trauma case, victim of abuse/assault)
- Provide groupwork therapy
- Identify training needs of stakeholders
- Develop mental health related programmes and conduct training for the NUS community
- Assist Head of UCS in the development of a specific programmes, targeted at service gaps and service delivery issues
- Lead development and implementation of new psychology services, initiatives and technology based on research and sector trends
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build strategic relationship for more seamless and effective services to NUS students
- Maintain networking with the specific purpose of psycho-educating stakeholders on centre's process, guidelines
Qualifications and Requirements
- Min. Master’s degree in Counselling/Clinical Psychology/Counselling Psychology
- At least 8 years’ experience in the field, including 2 years’ experience in providing Clinical Supervision.
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including capacity to communicate with people of diverse backgrounds
- Good track record of collaboration and working in a team
- Available to work after office hours and weekends as needed
- Available for consult and / activation during an incident as required
- Experience in specialised work such as groupwork, trauma work, couple therapy, would be an advantage
- Previous counselling experience involving crisis intervention, exposure to tertiary education as well as other mental health sectors would be an advantage
- Certification in clinical supervision would be an advantage
- Experience and interest in data work and analysis would be an advantage
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Health & Wellbeing, Office of the President
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 21748
Assistant Director, Wellbeing Development, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
Both employee and student wellbeing and support are top priorities for NTU. This role leads a team of staff in upholding a key pillar in the University Wellbeing Office (UWO) mission to enhance th...
Senior Psychologist, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
The Senior Psychologist is chiefly responsible for providing psychological assessment and psychotherapy/psychological interventions. In addition, this role provides consultations and guidance to a...
Senior Executive, Empower, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
The Early Mental Potential & Wellbeing Research (EMPOWER) Centre is a new University-Level Research Centre whose mission is to maximise every child’s mental and emotional capital by uplifting neur...
Executive/Senior Executive, Clinical Research Officer [Lkc Medicine], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 5 days ago
Executive / Senior Executive (Clinical Research Officer) for the Health Screening Centre Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) is looking for Executive / Senior Executive (Clinical Resea...
Senior Executive, Student Care, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) is a research-intensive public university, which has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The NTU School of Civil and Environ...
Executive, Health & Safety Programmes, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
The Office of Health and Safety (OHS) envisions a campus environment at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) where every individual can work, study, and thrive in a safe and healthy atmosphere. ...