The spin and energy lab (SEL) at National University of Singapore invites applications for a Laboratory Technologist position to provide support for the SEL daily operations including equipment maintenance, administration matters, procurement, facility management, etc. This position starts in Nov/Dec 2022. It is a one year contract, and the contract is renewable.
The job scope is summarized below.
1) Plan and facilitate maintenance of lab equipment and facilities, such as air compressor, chillers, AHU & exhaust systems, scrubbers, fume-hoods, oxygen detectors, etc.
2) Vendor and Contractor management and co-ordination for new equipment move-in, utilities hook-up, and repair work.
3) Managing user risk assessment documentation and assisting with periodic safety audits
4) General management of the lab, such as ensuring proper housekeeping and user compliance to proper and safe work procedures.
5) Co-ordinate procurement of lab consumables and equipment for use of research work.
6) Scope of procurement may include routine POs, ITQs, and Tenders.
7) To maintain smooth flow of financial and administrative tasks.
8) Assets management and inventory control of the lab.
Interested applicants may be interested in viewing webpages describing the research work carried out in the lab along with lists of group members and their recent research accomplishments. The lab manager plays a key role in success of our students.
1. Diploma, preferably in related fields
2. Lab experience such as operating equipment, regular maintenance, inspection, repair, etc.
3. Good communication skills to liaise with vendors, contractors and within internal departments.
4. Basic knowledge of MS tools such as Word Document and MS Excel is required.
5. Work experience in a semiconductor industry or a cleanroom environment is advantageous.
6. Basic knowledge of facility management and utilities, such as PCW, CDA, Exhausts and process gases is advantageous.
7. Previous experience with procurement software such as SAP and SeSAMI is advantageous but not a must.
8. Ability to interact well with students from undergraduate to graduate level.
9. Open to Fixed Term Contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 18062
Executive, Laboratory Operations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 8 hours ago
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Ministry of Edu...
Senior Executive, Technical, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
The Senior Executive shall support the school of Chemistry, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology in technical and administrative activities to ensure the smooth and safe functioning of the labor...
Membrane Engineer, Separation Technologies Applied Research And Translation Centre [Nt Uitive] (Unfilled), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
START Centre (NTUitive Pte Ltd) is looking for a Membrane Engineer responsible for carrying out daily operation, testing of membranes and modules, polymer dope organic chemical preparations, assay...
Assistant Director, R&R Projects, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 17 hours ago
You will be in the Renovation and Redecoration (R&R) team under the Office of Development & Facilities Management Department which oversees physical development, and maintenance of all University ...
Laboratory Manager [Lkc Medicine], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 7 hours ago
We are currently recruiting a Lab manager who will join the laboratory of Assistant Professor Baptiste Janela at Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine), a joint medical school between Imp...
Assistant Manager/ Manager (Admin), Estates, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, 1 day ago
The incumbent will be responsible to provide support to commercial, asset management, manage and support the Office Administration services to the University. He/ She will plan and drive initiativ...