The Mechanobiology Institute, Singapore is a multidisciplinary institute committed to developing new paradigms for biomedical research by focusing on the quantitative analysis of dynamic functional processes. Through quantitative biophysical approaches, we address major problems in biomedical sciences including pathogenesis (from bacterial to cancer), tissue regeneration, and function.
We are seeking an administrator to join our team in supporting the Institute's progressive Graduate (PhD) Program. This role will involve overseeing various aspects of the Institute's PhD program, including recruitment, admission, candidature, course management etc., with an existing administrator. The selected candidate will also be responsible for monitoring thesis requirements, teaching and course obligation, as well as research progress.
Additionally, he/ she will administrate our scholars' leave as well as their conference matters such as travel claims. As part of MBI's commitment to scholastic pursuits, the candidate will also be involved in our internship program and assist in the tracking of our student alumni.
If you are a motivated individual looking to contribute to the success of our Graduate Program and the development of future scholars, we invite you to apply. Join our team at the Mechanobiology Institute and make a lasting impact on the academic journey of our students, while advancing your career in higher education administration.
- Diploma or university holder with prior experience in student and academic administration within a tertiary education institute. Fresh graduates seeking a career in the education sector may also apply
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with online graduate program management systems and past experience at NUS would be advantageous
- Formal work experience with academic programs at Institute of Higher Learning (IHLs), such as NUS, NTU, SUTD or SMU
- Proficiency in English
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with our business partners such as NUS' Registrar's Office, Dean's office and our graduate committee
- Good organizational and multitasking skills
- Warm and approachable personality; able to be a supportive figure for graduate students
- Good communication skills; the ability to engage with students and bring their concerns to the attention of the graduate chair or committee
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Mechanobiology Institute
Department : Graduate
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 22091
Senior Executive, Administrative Support, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 14 hours ago
The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Ministry of Edu...
Executive (Learning Sciences & Assessment Academic Group) [Nie], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 14 hours ago
ABOUT THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (NIE) The National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, is Singapore’s national teacher education institute, and we are proud to be an integral part o...
Senior Executive, Student Administration, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 15 hours ago
The University Scholars Programme (NTU-USP) leads a University-wide commitment to provide an intellectually stimulating and enriching academic environment for the best students of NTU. The program...
Senior Assistant Director, Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme, Ntu Entrepreneurship Academy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 11 days ago
The incumbent will head the global placement operations of the Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme (“OEP”) including oversight of overseas OEP representatives in locations globally. Responsibiliti...
Executive, Academic Administration, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 6 hours ago
The Office of Academic Services (OAS) plays a key role in advancing the University’s educational goals through implementing and administering the academic policies established by the University’s ...
Assistant Director, Business Development (Lifelong Learning Solutions), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 14 hours ago
As a renowned educational institution, NTU is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of academic excellence, fostering innovation in research, and promoting lifelong learning that equips ind...