The Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering (SCELSE) is a unique interdisciplinary Research Centre of Excellence (RCE), funded by National Research Foundation, Ministry of Education, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS). Hosted by NTU in partnership with NUS, SCELSE is linking new insights from the life sciences with expertise from emerging technologies in engineering and natural sciences to understand, harness and control microbial biofilm communities and microbiomes.
SCELSE is looking for a highly motivated Executive to provide secretarial & administrative support.
- Assist and manage Directors/PIs’ diary and coordinate meetings, seminars, conferences, and appointments etc with internal/external stakeholders.
- Coordinate admin and logistical support associated with visits of external stakeholders, such as drafting and sending of invitation to visitors, visiting staff, and seminar speakers.
- Make travel arrangements which include but not limited to reservations, booking of air tickets, accommodation, conference rooms, facilities, etc for PIs, as well as visitors as needed.
- Assist in collation of data for preparation of various reports, documents and correspondences.
- Aid in efforts to coordinate for ad-hoc visits by internal and external visitors to SCELSE. This involves working with various administrative teams within SCELSE and NTU in preparation for such visits (such as seating plan, refreshments, supporting materials etc.).
- Assist in administrative duties such as booking of transportations, handling couriers and mails, manage booking and setting-up of meeting room for meetings/events.
- Maintain an excellent filing system which includes filing of policy, confidential documents, project related documents which may be highly confidential.
- Assist with the submission of reimbursement claims, overseas travel requests, and the collation of supporting documents to ensure such requests are processed duly and timely.
- Support the Directors/PI on submission of requests through systems.
- Take dictation and write meeting minutes.
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the PIs.
- Diploma in Admin/Secretarial/Management from recognized Polytechnics.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Familiarity with SAP Concur, Ariba, ZOOM, Teams, will be advantageous.
- At least 2-3 years of secretarial experience, experience working in an institute of higher learning will be preferred.
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management skills, able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in English is essential in documents preparations and engaging different stakeholders.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Meticulous and resourceful.
- Responsible and has integrity.
- Calm under pressure.
To find out more about SCELSE, visit us on Facebook , Instagram , LinkedIn , Twitter and our website: http://scelse.sg .
Hiring Institution: NTU
2024 Nanyang Assistant Professorship (Nap), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, 2 days ago
Nanyang Assistant Professorship (NAP) Seeking The World’s Smartest Minds to Address Humanity’s Biggest Challenges Young and research-intensive, Nanyang Technological University (NTU Singapore) is ...
Assistant / Project Manager (Ids), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
Background The Research Project - JARVIS DHL (https://ids.nus.edu.sg/aiinhealth.html) has been awarded by AI Singapore in 2021 and has work packages that involves various faculty members and exter...
Temporary Staff Nurse, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 27 days ago
Job Description University Health Centre (UHC) set up under NUS, is a holistic healthcare provider for the entire NUS community. You will provide essential nursing care and support so as to ensure...
Assistant Manager / Senior Executive / Executive, Scale (Academic Programmes Office), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
Job Description The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way that furthers ou...
Executive/Senior Executive, Institutional Review Board, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2 days ago
Job Description The job holders will ensure approved research projects conform to Singapore regulations and NUS research policies. They will be responsible to provide secretariat support to the NU...
Manager (School Of Computing Finance), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 14 days ago
Job Description To support Finance Lead in business partnering role and strategic financial direction for the School of Computing and providing support on finance and accounting operations and man...