Apply now Job no:495306
Work type:Contract, full-time
Categories:Programme Management, Others
SUTD Academy is the professional and continuing education arm of SUTD. We started up with a strong belief in lifelong education that goes beyond formal learning and that is self-driven, self-planned and self-initiated. Our courses are designed to develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to help them stay relevant in the knowledge-intensive and technology-driven economy, overcome the numerous challenges of tomorrow and excel in their career.
The impact of COVID-19 has greatly influenced and transformed the way we work and learn today.
SUTD Academy is supporting Continuous Education and Training (CET) and the SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP) which supports mid-career individuals in acquiring industry-relevant skills to improve employability and pivot to new sectors or job roles.
SCTP is conducted on Train-and-Place modality where training providers will provide career advisory and assistance as part of the training to help trainees in their job search in relevant sectors or job roles and to facilitate transition to employment as and when job opportunities are present.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion to help to improve participants employability, partner with them to develop their career plan, find employment and in programme mamagement
Your success will help our prospective learners enjoy and stay engaged in their learning journey with SUTD Academy and at the same time, empower them towards career transition and transformation.
The job scope is as follows:
Career Development and Planning
- Develop a career development and placement plan for SCTP participants.
- Facilitate career guidance and advisory through clinic sessions with a roadmap and process to:
- Assess and understand respective participant’s aspiration and needs
- Leverage on career profiling tool to provide clarity to participants on their respective career plan and job fit.
- Work on career goal-setting with participants
- Develop action plan with participants to their career goals
- Administer case management and documentation for career guidance and advisory
- Conduct training workshops or seminars on career management and job search strategies and skills.
Job Placement and Industrial Relations
- Keep abreast and understand the key trends of the job market to develop insights and approaches to meeting the participants’ job seeking needs and goals.
- Develop and manage a dossier of participants for job matching.
- Engage with prospective employers to establish placement opportunities.
- Perform job matching and job referrals based on jobseeker’s profile with the goal of achieving successful placement.
- Work with other government agencies on job referrals and direct participants to participate in job fairs and other national initiatives.
The applicant will work with the SUTD PIllars in the planning and execution of CET training programmes. You will handle the full spectrum of activities in programme management like course advisory, selection and billing of applicants, oversee logistics and resources management, provide customer service and liaise with instructors, sponsoring companies and funding agencies. Your responsibilities include the following:
- To plan and execute programmes
- To liaise with sponsoring companies, funding agencies, course participants and lecturers on programme matters
- To oversee and manage the logistics matters for courses
- To track and prepare status reports of programme
- To work with Pillar teams to deliver the programme
This is the right role for you if you:
- Believe in lifelong learning and like to help people. Helping someone transform makes you feel warm and a sense of satisfaction.
- Like to take challenge with a positive perspective, discover and define the real problems, ideate and develop innovative solutions.
- Enjoy finding the way and co-creating empathetically together with stakeholders and keep the conversations going till you get there with the stakeholders.
- Enjoy working with people and technologies.
And you should have:
- Strong admin skills and able to multi-task
- Meticulous and detailed-oriented
- Service quality mind-set with strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong team player
- Training and certification in career advisory, facilitation and coaching.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in career coaching and placement.
- Good communication skills (written and presentation) as well as interpersonal skill
Research Scientist (Signal Processing), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 16 hours ago
Temasek Laboratories@NTU is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Scientist. Temasek Laboratories@NTU explores the frontiers in science and develops strategic technologies to enhance ...
Assistant Senior Manager/Senior Manager (Career Advisor For Postgraduates), Biz Careers, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 24 days ago
About Us Founded in the same year that Singapore gained independence, NUS Business School stands today among the world’s leading business schools. It is distinctive for offering the best of global...
Senior Executive, Programme & Operations Executive , Centre For Career Readiness, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, 2 days ago
This role will support the administrative, events and logistic support for the smooth operations of all career education programmes that will equip and prepare SIT students for Integrated Work Stu...
Management Associate Programme, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 18 hours ago
The Management Associate Programme (MAP) is the University’s flagship programme offering new graduates the opportunity to a meaningful non-academic career in the higher education sector. As a worl...
Senior Executive/Assistant Manager (Graduate Programmes Department Of Pharmacy), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 6 days ago
Job Description The incumbent will provide administrative support to the Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following - Wor...
Adjunct Faculty, Mitb, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 20 days ago
Adjunct Faculty, MITB - (23000004) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised for its world-class research and distinguished...