Overview and purpose of the position
The biostatistician must have experience in clinical data analysis (SPSS, R), meta-analysis and imaging data analysis (MATLAB, EPrime), machine learning or artificial intelligence, formulate analysis plan for clinical, education and laboratory research projects and demonstrate academic track record in publication for clinical and laboratory data.
1. Promote medical research activity: Provide statistical input in the design, monitoring and perform analysis using SPSS, R, comprehensive meta-analysis, machine learning and Matlab, EPrime for clinical, laboratory and education research, imaging study and meta-analysis.
2. Be an integral member of the writing committee: Together with the principal investigator, drive the publication of the manuscripts in reputed international journals.
3. Learn and implement new biostatistical research methods for clinical, education, imaging and laboratory research as well as meta-analysis and be future ready for new type of research. Address pertinent statistical issues arising from collaborations with colleagues in the department and external collaborators.
- Good Class Honours Degree/BSc/Master MSc/PhD with track records in academic publications of clinical, laboratory and imaging data.
- Able to perform analysis using basic statistical software SPSS or R
- Able to perform analysis using imaging software, MATLAB
- Able to design functional neuroimaging paradigm based on E Prime program.
- Able to process imaging data from different brain imaging devices
- Able to conduct analysis related to machine learning
- Able to perform analysis using meta-analysis software, comprehensive meta-analysis
- Good academic writings and evidence of academic publications as a lead author (e.g. first author)
- Able to assist colleagues and external collaborators to formulate research projects based on statistical requirement.
- Able to guide undergraduates and other postgraduates to conduct research based on statistical requirement.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Psychological Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7553
Full Time Faculty, Assistant Professor On Tenure Track, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Full-Time Faculty, Assistant Professor on Tenure Track - (2100009Q) Description The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has one tenure t...
Adjunct Teaching Mentor, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
Adjunct Teaching Mentor - (2100007V) Description ABOUT THE SMU SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is international...
Associate/Assistant Professor Of Respiratory Medicine, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Singapore, 20 days ago
A full-time position at the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine is open for an Associate/Assistant Professor of Respiratory Medicine. Reporting to the Dean and Vice Dean, Research, the appointee is ...
Full Time Faculty, Tenure Track, Finance, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Full-Time Faculty, Tenure Track, Finance - (21000084) Description Singapore Management University (SMU) invites applications for a tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Finance in the ar...
Manager / Deputy Manager (It Security Monitoring & Incident Response) – Contract, Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
Manager / Deputy Manager (IT Security Monitoring & Incident Response) – Contract Apply now Job no:494900 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Information Technology The role...
Full Time Faculty, Term Track, Law, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Full-Time Faculty, Term Track, Law - (2100009N) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised for its world class research and d...