Associate Professor (Health Promotion/Implementation Science), Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
The National University of Singapore – which is the top-ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Associate Professors for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) on the tenure/research/practice track appointments. In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members may be eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research and subsidised university accommodation.
The positions are specifically for faculty to work in the Health Systems & Behavioural Sciences Domain of SSHPH. Researchers active in one or more of the following areas of Health Promotion/Implementation Science are particularly encouraged to apply:
• Research on:
o Behavioural and communication theories/models,
o Social, environmental, and behavioural change interventions, and
o Evidence-based strategies and their impact on socio-behavioural, environmental and health outcomes for various populations.
• Analyses of:
o Population health needs using mixed methods and appropriate statistical procedures, e.g., structural equation modelling, and
o Healthcare systems and policies to design health promotion interventions for the general public as well as at-risk populations.
• Planning, implementation, evaluation, and communication of sustainable and effective programmes targeted at health promotion and/or disease prevention for the public.
• Development and advocacy of practices, policies, and laws that will provide supportive and enabling environments for the promotion and improvement of public health.
• Leveraging on structures and mobilisation of organisational, governmental and community resources to create health-promoting environments.
• Research on attenuating implementation bottlenecks and roadblocks.
• Development and optimisation of implementation strategies and methods to generate sustainable improvements in healthcare and delivery systems.
• Promoting the systemic uptake of research findings to advance positive outcomes in clinical, organisational or policy contexts.
a) Recognised Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline with strong post-doctoral research records,
b) Track record of publishing in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals,
c) Experienced in leading independent research studies or a component within larger research programmes,
d) Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding,
e) Ability to teach public health courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels,
f) Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams, and
g) Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
• Establishing an independent research agenda through extramural funding,
• Developing collaborative, multidisciplinary research,
• Curricula design and teaching,
• Supervision of postgraduate students advising, and
• Contributing to policy/community development in the field of public health.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and/or teaching interests and experience, along with a full curriculum vitae, and a list of names and contacts of three references to:
Ms Chua Wen Xi, Sophie
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
National University of Singapore
MD1, 12 Science Drive 2
#10-01, Singapore 117549
For more information on NUS, please visit: www.nus.edu.sg. For more information about the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, please visit www.sph.nus.edu.sg.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Professor Of Metabolic Medicine, Nutrition And Diabetes Research, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Singapore, 13 days ago
A full-time position at the Lee Kong Chian School is Medicine is open for a Professor of Metabolic Medicine, Nutrition and Diabetes Research. Reporting to the Dean and Vice Dean (Research), the ap...
Adjunct Faculty, Mqf, Qf624 Machine Learning And Financial Applications, 2021 22 April Term, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Adjunct Faculty, MQF, QF624-Machine Learning and Financial Applications, 2021-22 April Term - (22000001) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is inte...
Adjunct Faculty, Mba, Mgmt6055 Business Analytics, 2022 March Term, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Adjunct Faculty, MBA, MGMT6055 Business Analytics, 2022 March Term - (210000BN) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised fo...
Adjunct Faculty, Mitb, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 3 hours ago
Adjunct Faculty, MITB - (22000006) Description A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is internationally recognised for its world-class research and distinguished...
Scis Full Time Faculty, Assistant Professor On Tenure Track, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
SCIS Full-Time Faculty, Assistant Professor on Tenure Track - (22000005) Description The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has tenure ...
Research Engineer (Artificial Intelligence, Nlp), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 14 hours ago
Research Engineer (Artificial Intelligence, NLP) Apply now Job no:495012 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Bachelor Degree, Masters, PhD, Information Systems Technology &...