|Position ID:||National University of Singapore -CNM -CNMSC2 [#19186]|
|Position Type:||Tenured/Tenure-track faculty|
|Position Location:||Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge 117570, Singapore [map ]|
|Subject Areas:||Communications / Strategic Communication|
Marketing / Marketing
Public Relations and Advertising / Public Relations and Advertising
Journalism / Public Relations
|Appl Deadline:||2021/11/01 11:59PM (posted 2021/08/16, listed until 2021/11/01)|
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is a leading research-intensive university ( http://www.nus.edu.sg/ ) that is consistently ranked among the world’s top universities. Established in 2004, the Department of Communications and New Media (CNM) ( http://www.fass.nus.edu.sg/cnm/ ) is a leader in communication and new media research and education. It offers undergraduate, honours and PhD programmes in communications and new media studies, with an innovative curriculum that introduces students to key debates in the areas of media studies, communication management, interactive media design and cultural studies. Its curriculum provides students with practical skills in social media management, user interface design, and digital marketing. Its students undertake industry immersion through its compulsory internship programme.
CNM also offers an undergraduate double degree with the School of Business; undergraduate minors in Interactive Media Development and Cultural Studies, the Cultural Studies in Asia PhD programme, and a new Master of Social Science in Communication programme. It has research concentrations in media and publics, critical theory, cultural studies, communication policy, computation and creativity, health communication. Successful candidates for these positions will join an engaging community of 46 full-time faculty, 13 part-time instructors, and approximately 800 undergraduate and graduate students.
We seek applicants with expertise in one or more of the following areas: corporate communication, public relations, digital marketing, crisis communication and media writing. Candidates will have demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends in strategic communication, evidence of having produced and potential to carry out cutting-edge research in strategic communication, as well as ability to apply innovative pedagogies in teaching. Candidates with previous industry experience in public relations and marketing communications are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualifications: Successful candidates must have a PhD in Communication or a closely related discipline by date of appointment; evidence of sustained research in high impact factor journals and excellent teaching; experience teaching students from diverse backgrounds including international students as well as adult and professional learners in both online and face-to-face classrooms.
Responsibilities: Successful candidates are expected to teach 110-140 hours per academic year. Other duties include supervision of honours students and graduate students, and administrative service. The anticipated start date is 1 July 2022, whichever is earlier.
Professional development: Successful talented early career candidates with excellent research track records will be considered for the National University of Singapore Presidential Young Professorship (NUS PYP) scheme which includes a start-up research grant up to SGD 750,000 including scholarships to hire PhD students, and an award of SGD 250,000 for discretionary spending.
For tenure-track applications, post-doctoral experience and a proven or strongly emerging track record of high quality research and impactful publications, alongside clear research plans, are highly desirable.
Remuneration is competitive and includes medical, housing, relocation and other benefits. Significant research start-up funding is available if appointed on the tenure track.
Singapore is a modern, English-speaking city state that is connected to the world via global commerce, finance and transport networks with a stable climate year round and a cosmopolitan mix of cultures and languages.
Interested parties must submit the following documents via academic jobs online:
(1) NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants (Download file via link - www.nus.edu.sg/careers/files/NUS-Personal-Data-Consent-for-Job-Applicants.pdf )
(2) Full CV, including education, professional background, teaching and supervision, research activities and achievements, honours and awards, and service accomplishments to date. List all academic and non-academic positions. Name and contact of your PhD Supervisor. All PhD and postdoctoral supervisors or any other senior authors with close and regular collaborations (full name and institution) should be listed.
(3) Scanned Copies of all degree certificates.
(4) A statement (max. of 3 pages) of teaching philosophy and methodology. Where available, evidence of teaching ability such as student feedback or peer review reports should be provided. Evidence of other contributions to education, e.g. curriculum development, pedagogical innovation, production of teaching material, should be provided were available.
(5) A statement (max. of 3 pages) of major accomplishments in research, citing up to five significant publications, creative work or other scholarly contribution, and explaining their significance. Sample copies of these contributions should be provided (in the case of books, reviews should be provided).
(6) A research plan (3-page) with a proposed start-up research budget and utilisation plan.
(7) A complete list of publications, grouped according to papers, books, and reviews, including page numbers, in bibliographic form.
(8) Citation (excluding self-citations and in the case of co-authored work, cross-citations) and impact analysis of research output, highlighting papers with the highest citation counts, and creative works with high impact.
(9) FOUR letters of reference (including one from the applicant’s PhD or post-doctoral advisor/supervisor) to be arranged by the applicant*.
(10) A list of modules you can teach under the Master of Communication graduate coursework programme.
*Shortlisted candidates are to arrange for the letters to be submitted prior to the campus visits.
For full consideration, please submit a complete application. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Further information about working at the National University of Singapore is available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/whyjoinus.htm .
For further enquiries, please email: email@example.com
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (University Scholars Programme), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 22 hours ago
.. The University Scholars Programme (USP) , a premier undergraduate and interdisciplinary honours programme at the National University of Singapore (NUS), plans to hire dedicated individuals to f...
Lecturer (Southeast Asian Studies), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 3 days ago
Job Description The Department of Southeast Asian Studies at the National University of Singapore seeks to fill an Educator Track position. The appointment will commence in August 2022. We are pa...
Adjunct Teaching Mentor, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 16 days ago
Adjunct Teaching Mentor - (2100007V) Description ABOUT THE SMU SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS A premier university in Asia, the Singapore Management University (SMU) is international...
Lead Editor, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 10 days ago
Job Description To write, edit and produce content for the effective communication and promotion of NUS’ research strategies, initiatives and outcomes to grantors, stakeholders and the general pub...
Associate Director, Communications, National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
Job Description The Office of University Communications (UCO) works to enhance the reputation of the National University of Singapore by raising awareness and understanding of NUS' vision, mission...
Full Time Faculty, Tenure Track, Finance, Singapore Management University, Singapore, about 1 hour ago
Full-Time Faculty, Tenure Track, Finance - (21000084) Description Singapore Management University (SMU) invites applications for a tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Finance in the ar...