The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way that furthers our mission to be a leading global university, as well as fulfil our role as a public university of Singapore, shaping the future.
Through SCALE, working adults (i.e. professionals, managers and executives) who aspire to stay relevant and ahead of competition, companies looking to up-skill/re-skill their workforce, and even youths exploring quality tertiary education options, have access to NUS’ suite of innovative, world-class continuing and lifelong education offerings.
Drawing on unparalleled access to the multi-disciplinary expertise of 16 other NUS Faculties/Schools, SCALE offers youth, executive and professional development/education programmes, part-time and full-time degree programmes, as well as modular courses that may be taken singly or stacked towards certificates/diplomas/degrees that meet the lifelong learning needs of individuals. All programmes are designed and developed in consultation with the industry to ensure relevance and currency.
About the Role
To augment our manpower resources in the School, we are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join our Academic Programmes Office (APO).
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, the incumbent shall build and preserve trusting relationships with students (current & prospective), alumni and valued partners (faculty & industry). The candidate must be creative and driven in building and maintaining the University’s positive image to our internal and external stakeholders, and drive a wide range of administration duties to support the smooth functioning of APO.
This role is offered on a 3-year renewable contract basis in the first instance, with the prospect of a regular open employment contract thereafter subject to satisfactory job performance during the first 3 years.
Remuneration is based on a 12-month salary structure, with an annual variable bonus which is subject to the incumbent’s performance and the University/School’s prevailing remuneration policies.
The incumbent will be emplaced at an appropriate appointment grade based on his/her individual merits.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Academic Programmes Development
• Secretariat support to programme development/working committees and accreditation committees
• Liaison work with the Ministry of Education, NUS community, Polytechnics, and other relevant institutions/organizations
• Marketing and operational follow-through (i.e. processes and systems)
• Promote high-quality customer service processes. Understand customer needs and develop plans to address them.
Academic Programme Support and Financials
• System support (from the business user’s viewpoint) to maintain existing or launch new degree programmes
• Process applications for admission into the various degree and continuing & lifelong education programmes, based on established admission criteria, in a timely manner.
• Support programme delivery such as programme staffing from nomination to engagement, class scheduling, module registration and examination matters (scheduling/invigilation/logistics planning/presenting required data at the Board of Examiners).
• Support student-related activities such as registration, orientation and attending to programme/ candidature-related enquiries.
• Fee reviews for existing and new programmes.
• Assist in student financial advisory and programme quality assurance activities.
• Revenue model design and maintenance for programme partnerships
• Coordinate and manage assessment needs.
• Plan, coordinate and organize events/ activities to support the School’s alumni outreach objectives and priorities.
• Identify new industry partners and work closely with existing industry partners to solicit mutually beneficial projects for sponsor companies and students.
• Manage the process of assigning industry projects to students.
• Participate in outreach and networking events, and support communication/marketing initiatives.
• Cultivate and maintain long-term relationships to promote the University’s continuing and lifelong education objectives.
• Review relevant data and analyze statistics for reporting to senior management and internal/external stakeholders.
• Review and streamline processes and systems for optimal efficiency and stakeholder experience.
• Oversee communication matters within APO.
• Ad-hoc projects that require maturity in handling and delivery - as SCALE is a school with much scope for growth (both in diversity as well as in the volume of offerings), such ad-hoc projects frequently feature in the work of the unit
Academic & Professional Certification
• At least a good bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a reputable university
• Strong English language proficiency is essential and proficiency in Mandarin will be an advantage
• IT savvy and proficient in MS Office applications
Experience & Attributes
• Relevant work experience in a higher education environment is preferred.
• Energetic and willing to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ambiguous work environment
• Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) practices
• Highly numerate, analytical and meticulous with strong administration skills
• Strong project management and organisational skills
• Good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• Experience in / Exposure to the following will be a definite advantage:
- PeopleSoft Campus Solution modules (viz. Campus Community, Student Records, Student Financials, Campus Self-Service, Academic Advisement)
- Course and examination administration, vendor management, funding management, accreditation administration, and quality assurance
• First-rate communication and presentation skills
• Strong team player, able to work collaboratively with various stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
• Resilient, resourceful with good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ambiguous work environment
To expedite application processing, a copy of academic certificates and transcripts from GCE O-level onwards should be uploaded via the online application portal. Salary expectations, if quoted, should be on a 12-month guaranteed basis; do not include variable components like performance bonuses, incentives & allowances.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Continuing And Lifelong Education
Department : Academic Programmes Office
Employee Referral Eligible:
Job requisition ID : 20711
Manager, Administration, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 9 hours ago
The paradigm of learning has shifted drastically in recent years to encompass lifelong learning. Against the backdrop of the Continuing Education and Training landscape, Singapore’s workforce must...
An Invitation To The Prospective Tenure Track Faculty Candidates, National University of Singapore - Chemical and Biomolecular Department, Singapore, 16 days ago
An Invitation to the Prospective Tenure-Track Faculty Candidates The Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is excited to announce several ...
Senior Executive, Operations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 8 days ago
PaCE@NTU plays a crucial coordinating role between SkillsFuture Singapore, the Ministry of Education and various NTU’s entities in promoting CET and lifelong learning. The centre offers a wide ran...
Cis Adjunct Faculty, Cor Mand2404 Mandarin, Ay2023 2024 Term 2, Singapore Management University, Singapore, 18 days ago
CIS Adjunct Faculty, COR-MAND2404 Mandarin, AY2023-2024 Term 2 - (2300007V) Description Singapore Management University, Office of Core Curriculum The College of Integrative Studies at Singapore M...
Manager, Finance, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 3 days ago
Office of Finance is looking for a Manager to take care of the finance operations. This person will be deployed to The Institute for Digital Molecular Analytics and Science (IDMxS). IDMxS is a uni...
Research Associate (Social/Cognitive Sciences), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 10 days ago
The Centre for Research and Development in Learning at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (CRADLE@NTU) invites applications for the position of Research Associate. The Centre for Research...