Assistant Manager (NUS)
The candidate will be working in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. For this position, the candidate shall provide administrative, operational, technical and liaison support to ensure effective development and administration in the areas of student administration and the department as a whole. This position is required to meet the faculty’s vision to offer outstanding education in the humanities and social sciences, attracting the best students.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Department liaison with Dean’s Office and Registrar’s Office on undergraduate matters.
- Provide support to Head, Deputy Head, Honours and level coordinators in relation to undergraduate matters.
- Assist Assistant Manager (Lead) in curriculum planning and execution for undergraduate and graduate programmes eg. liaise with the respective course coordinators and teaching staff, assist in securing venues for teaching activities, support the respective programme committee in coordination of meetings, preparation of materials for meetings and taking notes of meetings, assist in DERC matters, assist in student exchange matters, etc.
- Exam planning and execution for undergraduate and graduate programmes eg support in the coordination and communication with students & examiners, support in coordinating and arranging for logistical requirements such as setup of venues, venues booking, catering, other onsite administrative and operational support to ensure smooth execution of the examinations & marks processing.
- Support other teaching and learning forum activities and events.
- Assist with ongoing curriculum review and quality assurance activities.
- Handle queries of students, staff and public received at the counter, calls and other channels.
- Other general office administrative tasks as assigned by the Assistant Manager (Lead).
- A recognised University degree, with some working experience in the higher education industry
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment with multiple systems
- Meticulous and detail-oriented with high accuracy working on large volume of data
- Well-organized with good monitoring and follow-up skills within tight deadlines
- Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with confidential data
- Positive attitude, able to work independently and as a team player
- Proficient in MS Office applications
Assistant Executive/Executive, It Operations (Temporary Contract 1 Year), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 16 hours ago
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) Office at NTU is established under the NTU I&E initiative to drive overall synergy, coordination and interaction among the pillars along the innovation an...
Assistant Manager, Academic, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 16 hours ago
To augment our manpower resources in the School, we are seeking for an experienced professional to join the Academic Team as Assistant Manager. Reporting to the Assistant Director, the incumbent ...
Executive Officer / Senior Exec Officer (Adult Chinese Language Programme) [ Confucius Institute], Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 17 hours ago
Roles & Responsibilities Programme management which encompasses programme budgeting, programme advertising, enrolment of new students, curriculum planning and time-tabling, administrative work rel...
Executive, Academic Administration, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 4 hours ago
The Office of Academic Services (OAS) plays a key role in advancing the University’s educational goals through implementing and administering the academic policies established by the University’s ...
Senior Executive, Student Life (Sports Development) (1 Year Contract), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 23 hours ago
The Senior Executive, Student Life (Sports Development) is responsible for coordinating, managing and executing key student development initiatives in SIT. The role requires the individual to supp...
Senior Executive, Student Administration, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 16 hours ago
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU) offered the first Materials Engineering degree in Singapore under the division of Materials Engineering in 1991. With the increasing demand for ma...