- Ensuring daily smooth and safe functioning of the labs. Inspecting the lab and identifying unsafe conditions, taking actions to eliminate those unsafe conditions. Providing a safe working environment for all the stakeholders.
- Communicating with the equipment engineers, researchers and facilities team to identify the process/equipment issues and working together to find a speedy resolution.
- Ensuring 24/7 operation of lab space with proper adherence to the lab access rules and safety regulations. Monitoring the equipment access on the booking systems and preventing unauthorised access to lab space and/or equipment.
- Co-ordinating preventive maintenance (PM) activities between the research and the facilities staff to support continual improvements of operational efficiency.
- Liaising with various vendors and internal procurement, finance, Occupational Health and Safety Teams and facilities management teams as and when needed.
- Coordinating and supervise vendors/contractors to work on equipment upgrade/ retrofitting/ hook-up related jobs.
- Reviewing vendor/contractor’s risk assessment, statement of work and apply Permit-To-Work.
- Planning and providing operational and administrative support for R&D that include design improvement, de/installation, testing and commissioning of equipment.
- Maintaining proper documentations and procedures for R&D equipment operation including Standard Operational Procedures, Work Instructions and Risk Assessments. Assisting the QUESH teams at SERIS with yearly audits.
- Maintaining compliance and initiate improvement programs for Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Quality requirements for R&D equipment.
- Supporting the RnD team in procurement activities.
- Supporting the facilities team in managing the hazardous chemicals and gases.
- Handling (with appropriate training) critical situations such as chemical spills, injury to lab occupants and fire.
- Providing lab and space safety and health briefing to the new staff/students joining SERIS.
- Ensuring compliance of the various statutory requirements of the area, equipment and process.
- At least a Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent with minimum of 5 years experience in R&D or manufacturing facilities / equipment management, preferably in a Cleanroom environment
- Experience with R&D laboratory management strongly preferred
- Good technical knowledge in Photovoltaic Manufacturing / R&D equipment or related equipment in other industries (display, microelectronics, etc).
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/14001 and OHSAS 18001 is a strong advantage. Knowledge of other facilities and laboratory management standards and protocols is a bonus.
- Strong communication, holistic organisational planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage equipment vendors/contractors.
- Team player, proactive with good interpersonal skills.
- Must be experienced with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or other basic productivity software. Experience with project management tools (for Gantt charts, timelines, etc) is a plus.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Solar Energy Research Inst of S'pore
Department : Research Cluster
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 18153
Technical Officer (Business, Communication And Design), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, 7 days ago
Key Responsibilities Studio/Laboratory Management - Manage equipment loan as well as deployment of equipment. - Perform procurement and tracking of equipment and assets to meet teaching and resear...
Senior Assistant Manager, Laboratory Services, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 26 days ago
Established in 1981, the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) https://www.ntu.edu.sg/eee is one of the founding Schools of the Nanyang Technological University. Built on a cultur...
Senior Executive (Operations, Facilities & Avit), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
The Office of Commercial and Auxiliary Services (OCAS) oversees the management of estate leases and commercial services, such as leasing of spaces for food and beverages, amenities & lifestyle ser...
Research Scientist (Signal Processing), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 12 hours ago
Temasek Laboratories@NTU is looking for a candidate to join them as a Research Scientist. Job Responsibilities Conduct research in digital signal processing, in particular studying novel sampling ...
Research Associate (Structural Dynamics On Tpr Contributing To Drone Operations In Urban Environments), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 11 hours ago
The Air Traffic Management Research Institute (ATMRI) invites applications for the position of Research Associate. Air Traffic Management Research Institute (ATMRI) in Singapore was established by...
Manager/ Senior Manager, Catalyst, Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, 7 days ago
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Innovation and Technology Transfer (ITT), to assist in the conceptualization and execution of strategies and innovation programmes in developing The Catalyst – a ...