As a University of Applied Learning, SIT works closely with industry in our research pursuits. Our research staff will have the opportunity to be equipped with applied research skill sets that are relevant to industry demands while working on research projects in SIT.
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage the day-to-day operations of he 5G Trans Lab@SIT, support the research, industry collaboration, and teaching/training activities in the lab, and ensure smooth operation to execute and deliver the projects. In collaboration with IMDA, the Open 5G Translation Lab is a new Technology Innovation Centre set up to address future 5G needs in areas of connectivity, hardware, edge intelligence and security. The Centre aspires to facilitate translation research and innovation with both industry and research ecosystem, as well as validating of use cases by companies and government agencies, leading to co-creation and commercialisation of intellectual properties.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of 5G Trans Lab, responsible for providing support for research, industry collaboration, and teaching/training activities in the Lab
- Ensure the various R&D projects are carried out according to the budget and schedule
- Manage laboratory administrative systems, procurement of consumables/equipment, and asset management
- Represent the laboratory for facility needs
- Ensure lab's compliance to institute's health and safety, and IT security policies, provide general laboratory safety instructions to Lab users
- Manage the periodic maintenance of lab equipment
- Ensure good documentation and business continuity where necessary
- Manage various project accounts and grant portfolio, generate reports for SIT and Grantor.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Communications Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology/Electrical & Electronics Engineering, or related fields; relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, and project management experience; Knowledge of 4G/5G and related experience will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal, and proficient oral and written communication skills
- Resourceful, independent, able to learn fast, and work well with others in a team
- Excellent organisational skills and meticulous in record and inventory keeping
- Enjoy working closely with industry, academic staff and students in a collaborative environment
- Must be hands-on where needed
Advertised:02 Jul 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Applications close:31 Aug 2021 Singapore Standard Time
Assistant Manager/ Manager/ Assistant Senior Manager (Sustainable Resource Operations), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Short Description The National University of Singapore (NUS), through the University Campus Infrastructure (UCI), aims to be an urban living lab through its Smart, Safe & Sustainable (S3) Campus v...
Assistant Professor (Material Engineering), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 23 days ago
Job Description The Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking outstanding candidates for multiple tenure-track or tenured posit...
Laboratory Assistant, School Of Computing (1 Year Contract, Subject For Renewal), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 24 days ago
Job Description Optimize the administrative process for the smooth operation of the research groups and lab Assist PIs in technology and communication of research Provide various reports including...
It Business Analyst (E Learning & Technology), Scale, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 1 day ago
Job Description About SCALE The School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) was established to drive the expansion of NUS’ lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way that...
Senior Radiographer, Circ (2 Year Contract), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
Job Description Job Purpose: To conduct PET/MR, PET/CT imaging research studies using human volunteers. Responsibilities: Perform CT/MR-PET imaging on subjects independently - adults and children ...
Design Engineer, Namic (Contract), Singapore University of Technology & Design, Singapore, about 17 hours ago
Design Engineer, NAMIC (Contract) Apply now Job no:494887 Work type:Contract, full-time Location:Singapore Categories:Engineering, Laboratory/Technical Support This position provides skills in ind...