|Technical Specialist in Flow Cytometry|
| The individual serves the Bioscience Core Lab and Core Labs mission to support research at KAUST and regionally by providing advanced techniques and expertise for standardized and customized flow cytometry analysis.|
The technical specialist demonstrates expertise and working knowledge in a range of techniques including cytometry analysis and high-content screening under limited supervision. The person in this role works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves both standardized experiments and method developments/assay assessments/implementation. It also involves regular interactions with the users and discussions about their research projects. The main responsibility of the technical specialist is processing of samples in the context of user projects. There should be possibilities to have own contributions regarding testing new assays, contribute to assay developments and improvements of workflows/documentation/quality standards. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations.
We are a core facility, and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. A positive mindset and a persistent and resilient nature to support the future progress and success of the laboratory is a requirement. In addition, the person in this role is expected to fulfill a multitude of laboratory and university-related tasks.
| • Operates standardized and customized cytometry runs on equipment independently|
• Delivers reliable and excellent quality data and results at all times
• Provides support to all technical aspects of cytometry portfolio, including customer issues and protocol optimization
• Participates in developing and implementing new protocols under guidance of a supervisor
• Provides basic training for flow cytometry and high content screening (HSC) techniques to KAUST and external users
• Ensures good laboratory practice and safety in the work area at all times
• Follows standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs), and performs documentation carefully
| • Working knowledge in specific cytometry techniques. Works under limited supervision|
• Basic understanding of lab methods, method validation, and troubleshooting
• Preventative maintenance as instructed by the supervisor
• General laboratory skills such as following safety procedures and SOPs, neatness, documentation, following written methods and instructions by the supervisor
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a team and collaborate with others
• Proactive personality and positive mindset
• Good written and oral communication skills
| • Takes responsibility for assigned equipment and functional area. Ensures maintenance status and maximum uptime of instruments (plan, perform and oversee preventative and corrective maintenance, purchase consumables, etc.) under limited supervision|
• Takes responsibility to report performance issues for any lab equipment
• Participates actively in periodic lab cleanup and organization
• Performs proactively and independently general laboratory duties and maintenance plus administrative- and service-related tasks, and helps with procurement
• Takes actively part in own professional development
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Team Lead and BCL director
|• A BSc degree or above in biology, biochemistry, or a related field|
|• At least 3 years of experience in cell sorting|
Technical Associate I, MIT, United States, about 3 hours ago
Job Description TECHNICAL ASSOCIATE, Biological Engineering-Synthetic Biology Center (SBC), to join the lab of Professor Ron Weiss as part of an NIH-funded academic team that aims to develop DNA- ...
Research Associate, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, about 15 hours ago
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: A Research Associate position is available in the Department of Molecular Medicine and the Diabetes Center Of Excellence. Our laboratory uses developmental immunology ...
Executive Director, Brown Center For Immunotherapy, Indiana University Northwest, United States, 4 days ago
The Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM) is pleased to announce a search for the inaugural Executive Director of the Brown Center for Immunotherapy. Working in partnership with leaders fro...
Cellular Imaging And Biophysics, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
Position Description: The laboratory of Justin W. Taraska has openings for postdoctoral positions in the Laboratory of Cellular Biophysics, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Inst...
Osteoimmunology, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 10 hours ago
University of Nice, Nice, France, Non-U.S. Position Description: The team "Osteoimmunology, niches and inflammation" in the Laboratory of Molecular PhysioMedicine, Nice, France (http://unice.fr/lp...
Visiting Senior Research Specialist Microbiology & Immunology (Job Id #84127), University of Illinois, United States, about 2 hours ago
The ideal candidate will have a passion for science and experience in eukaryotic/bacterial cell culture, molecular biology, and immunology/virology assays and techniques – NK/T cell assays, flow c...