The KAUST Core Labs & Research Infrastructure comprises 12 shared user facilities, 11 research centers, and over a hundred Principal Investigator labs. To facilitate cutting edge research, KAUST has invested significant resources to provide state-of-the-art research equipment. In order to maximize the value of these assets, the Research Infrastructure Operations group is looking for an Asset Management Engineer to provide technical, operational and engineering expertise that drives best practices in managing the large install base of advanced research instrumentation. The person will make a direct impact on the department key performance indicators on asset management such as uptime, maintenance compliance, risks and asset information integrity. In the longer term, this person will play an important role in the implementation of international asset management standards with an aim to comply with ISO55001.
- Manage the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for the Core Labs which includes working with the labs/vendor to enhance functionality and improve engagement, and ensuring asset information is accurate and up to date
- Develop the connectivity of CMMS to other systems such as SAP-PM, Lab Equipment Maintenance, Request-For-Services and Infinity Lab Management
- Drive risk mitigation programs including but not limited to electrical loss prevention and utilities mapping, UPS control and reviews, backup power and environmental sensors
- Develop equipment performance reports and dashboards against agreed key performance indicators, including highlighting issues and recommendations for changes and improvements
- Coordinate the life cycle activities for Core Labs assets including the disposal process
- Organize Core Labs efforts in laboratory modification projects and work closely with relevant Facilities Management team to ensure on-schedule, on-budget delivery.
- Review and critically assess our current processes in asset management, ensuring ISO55001 requirements are adopted and implemented
- Collaborate with the Lab Equipment Maintenance (LEM) team to deliver comprehensive maintenance strategies and risk analyses for our key equipment
- Support lab activities for shutdowns, outages and emergency responses
- Support the capital investment and operation planning process
- Drive improvement practices to streamline asset activities with related departments such as Planning, Design, Engineering & Construction, Finance, IT, and Procurement
- Ensure compliance with the KAUST Asset Management Policy for all of research infrastructure
- Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of his/her position
- Background in equipment maintenance and planning
- Experience with computerized maintenance management system essential
- A track record of successful maintenance optimization projects
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting, and ability to use data in forecasting equipment lifecycles and providing proactive solutions
- Experience in a laboratory environment preferable
- Proficiency in PowerBI, SAP-PM, advanced MS Excel desirable
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes
- Strong desire and passion to create and implement best practices in asset management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to and shift priorities, and effectively perform under pressure to meet project demands or deliverables
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with colleagues from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Self-learner and pro-active working skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and capability to oversee complex projects
- Excellent command of English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial
- At least 3 years of experience managing assets in a similar environment
- Project management in small-medium sized projects
Assistant/Associate/Full Professor In Structural Biology, Cryo Electron Microscopy 2022, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology: Faculty Positions: Biological and Environmental Science and Engineering Division (faculty) Location King Abdullah University of Science and Tech...
Seasonal Natural Resource Worker: Georgia, Georgia Department of Natural Resources, United States, 8 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyGeorgia Department of Natural ResourcesLocationAltamaha Waterfowl Management Area, Darien, GeorgiaJob Catego...
Dean, Computer, Electrical, Mathematical Science & Engineering Division, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Search for Dean, Computer, Electrical, Mathematical Science & Engineering Division Thuwal, Saudi Arabia King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) seeks a distinguished academic an...
Laboratory Manager In Neuroimmunology, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 28 days ago
The University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 s...
Director, Operations Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Alberta, Canada, about 7 hours ago
As one of the top 5 research universities in Canada, the University of Alberta's (UAlberta) research and innovation spans many fields including health and life sciences, social sciences, energy, b...
Architecture / Engineering Office, Centre For Genomic Regulation, Spain, 28 days ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...