|Proteomics/Mass Spectrometry - Senior Technical Specialist|
| We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist for Proteomics at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. For Proteomics the lab holds Orbitrap Fusion Lumos, QExactive HF, TripleTOF 5600, Maxis Q-TOF and Ultraflex MALDI-TOF/TOF.|
The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on high-throughput proteomics. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation for proteomics, hands-on LC-MS and proteomics data analysis. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations.
| • Provides consultation to scientists and students |
• Runs standardized and customized proteomics sample preparation independently
• Operates standardized and customized analysis on sophisticated LC-MS
• Trains users on sample preparation, equipment and data analysis
• Expands methods and protocols for proteome sample and data analyses
• Obtains and delivesr reliable and excellent quality of data and results at all times
• Maintains and manages the mass spectrometry equipment
• Identifies gaps and provides feedback to all technical aspects of proteomics portfolio, or suggestions for improvements
|• The technical specialist shows strong expertise in proteomics sample preparation and LC-MS (please see the description under major responsibilities)|
| • Collaborate efficiently with other groups internally and externally|
• Stay-up-to-date with new technologies
• Is a strong team player
|• A bachelor degree or above in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or similar|
| • Minimum 2 years of experience in mass spectrometry based proteomics|
• Experience in analyzing large-scale proteomics data or ability to write script is a plus
• Independently perform preventative maintenance and ability to troubleshoot equipment
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieving highest quality analytical results
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners and be reliable
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center For Protein Research Mass Spectrometry (Ms) Coordinator In Olsen Group, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 22 hours ago
Background Advanced mass spectrometry-based proteomics is a key technology to The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR) at the University of Copenhagen. A new position is offer...
Bioinformatician In Proteogenomics , Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 4 hours ago
At the Department of Oncology-Pathology basic, translational and clinical research and educational activities related to cancer is carried out. Approximately 300 people from over 40 nations are cu...
Student Assistant To Mass Spectrometry Analysis Of Proteins, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
The Protein Research group at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. As a student assistant you will be working about 14 hours a week. We are flexible in exam periods. We prioritize...
Research Associate, University of Alberta, Canada, about 22 hours ago
MED Oncology Competition No. - A105333579 Closing Date - Will remain open until filled. This Research Associate position for the Department of Oncology designs and conducts complex separat...
Bioinformatician For Center For Basic And Translational Neuroscience, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 22 hours ago
Overview of the research team Center for Basic and Translational Neuroscience (CTN) at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences of the University of Copenhagen is seeking a highly trained and mo...
Assistant/Associate Professor Microbiology And Immunology (Job Id #83258), University of Illinois, United States, about 14 hours ago
Ideal applicants will be creative and collaborative scientists pursuing fundamental/translational aspects of immunity, bacterial or viral pathogenesis and host response to infection and using stat...