|Next Generation Sequencing & qPCR - Senior Technical Specialist|
| We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Specialist in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) at the Bioscience Core Laboratory (BCL). The laboratory covers different areas such as genomics, proteomics, protein expression, and bioinformatics. The laboratory is state-of-the-art, and our team members have extensive experience in the technological areas. The NGS lab holds HiSeq2500, HiSeq4000, NextSeq and MiSeqs, Biomark HD, Fluidigm C1 and Chromium (10X Genomics).|
The senior technical specialist in this role will be working on NGS and qPCR. The person demonstrates expertise and independent working knowledge in a range of techniques including sample preparation and sequencing runs. The person works closely with the team lead and other members of the core unit. The work involves method development, assay assessments and standardized experiments. We are a core lab facility and the working environment and mentality is service- and support-oriented in a cooperative spirit. The person in this position must be open to a fast-changing environment, and willing and supportive of alterations
| • Conducts standardized and customized sample preparations for genomics independently|
• Performs NGS runs and operates qPCR instruments independently
• Delivers reliable and excellent quality data and results
• Has consultations with students and scientists
• Provides support and feedback on all technical aspects of genomics portfolio, including optimization and improvement of assays and processes
• Performs basic training in sample preparations and operation of equipment to KAUST researchers and external partners
• Develops, assesses, and adapts new technologies and protocols
| • The person in this role shows a strong technical expertise in NGS and qPCR (Please see the description under major responsibilities)|
| • Ensures good laboratory practice and safety in the work area at all times|
• Participates actively in periodic lab cleanup and organization
• Performs proactively and independently general laboratory duties and maintenance
• Takes actively part in own professional development
|• A bachelor degree or above in biochemistry, molecular biology or similar|
| • Minimum 2 years of experience in the NGS field|
• The desire to work in a team dedicated to achieve results of highest quality
• Proactive and reliable personality and a positive mindset
• Ability to work with others, initiative, and ability to interact with a broad range of individuals within the University and Industrial partners
Assistant Professor In Molecular Microbial Ecology To The Center For Microbial Secondary Metabolites, Ce Mi St, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
Apply no later than 16 November 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Bioengineering by completing the following form. Apply online The Center for Microbial Secondary Metabolites, CeMiSt, is one of 10 new...
Bioinformatics Scientist, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 3 hours ago
Position Description: At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Bioinformati...
Cancer Genomics, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position description: A Postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Daphne W. Bell, within the Cancer Genetics and Comparative Genomics Branch of the National Human Genome Research...
Lab Manager With Focus On In Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 5 days ago
The Department of Medicine, Solna, is one of the largest departments at Karolinska Institutet. The department consists of several units that are separated into different research groups. The core ...
Assistant Professor In Metagenomics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 14 days ago
Division The Center for Translational Microbiome Research (CTMR) started in January 2016 as a collaboration between Karolinska Institutet, Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) and Ferring Phar...
Bioinformatics And Genomics, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Description: A postdoctoral research position is available under the supervision of Dr. Adam Phillippy at the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI). Dr. Phillippy leads the G...