The KAUST Core Labs are a system of user-shared, centrally governed and multi-disciplinary laboratories with state-of-the-art technologies, supported by over 250 expertly skilled staff supporting 50 functional areas.
The Central Workshops facilities serves the mission of KAUST and the Core Labs, providing state-of-the-art facilities, training and services to the KAUST faculty, students, collaborators and industrial partners. The central Workshops have multiple manufacturing and fabrication units, including a state of the art glassblowing and forming facility.
KAUST is seeking a Lead Scientific Glass Blower to lead and manage the glassblowing and forming facility in the Central Workshop. He/She will oversee all day-to-day operations and services of this facility, consult with all researchers on the design and fabrication of advanced research glassware projects. In addition, He/She is responsible for the Kingdom’s and Region’s only Glassblower Apprentice Training Program, designed for the training and development of Saudi Nationals in this critically endangered craft. He/She is responsible for all of the operations, training and management, including all personnel, safety, technology and equipment, finances, asset management and all other facility needs. The ideal candidates possess the necessary technical, innovation, teaching and leadership skills to thrive in a hugely diverse environment with high variability and limited standardization.
• Lead and manage all personnel including overseeing, planning and optimizing all resource allocation within the glass shop facility.
• Lead the development, implementation and assessment of the Kingdom’s and region’s only Scientific Glassblower Apprentice Training Program for Saudi Nationals.
• Ensure routine peer reviews and assessments of the apprenticeship program by developing and maintaining international relationships with accrediting bodies and peer institutions.
• Provide expert advice to users and PIs on experimental requiremetns and solutions.
• Oversee the full design and review processes for all user projects together with tracking activities, quality of conformance and safety, including implementing changes and improvements where required
• Within this very hazardous environment, ensure the highest standards of safety and security for all staff and users of the facility, through vigilance and enforcement of related policies and procedures.
• Act as Lab Safety Representative for all HSE requirements, ensuring appropriate lab safety plans are in place and routinely revised and updated.
• Lead the improvements on operational excellence and key performance indicators in key areas such as services, operations, budgeting, asset management, staff performance and development.
• Lead effective corrective and preventative maintenance planning for all assets, including staff training, vendor management, and partnering with the KAUST maintenance Core Labs.
• Develop and maintain policy and procedures for facility, including all staff, user and equipment SOP’s.
• Manage the planning and execution of yearly budget allocation for the facility.
• Stay abreast of the latest developments in the field, and ensure staff engage at appropriate peer level networks, conferences and events.
• Lead and motivate professional staff with clear goals and objectives in support of both the individual and in creating a high performing team.
• Ensure clear communication and alignment of the team to achieve organizational goals.
• Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of his/her position.
• Extensive knowledge of technologies and equipment research within this unique field of study.
• Experience of instruction, training and tuition in scientific glassblowing.
• Evidence of high degrees of innovation in designing and fabricating custom scientific glassware.
• Positive attitude and team Leader, service orientated with a creative and collaborative mindset.
• Experience and application of continuous improvement methods for the glass shop facility.
• Strong knowledge relating to all procedures and processes of Scientific Glass Blowing.
• Enthusiastic about developing educational courses and training for others.
• Ability to lead a team towards common goals, and motivate, inspire, and develop your staff.
• Excellent communicator in English with maturity to interact well with all levels.
• Comfortable working with different cultures in an international and multi-disciplinary environment.
• 10-15 years of advanced Scientific Glass Blowing experience.
• Must be highly skilled in Bora Silica and Quartz glassware manipulation.
• Must be highly skilled in glassware technologies including
• 3-5 years as an instructor in scientific glassblowing.
• Proven record of leadership within advanced glassblowing facilities.
• Evidence of high achievement and successful outputs in such an environment.
• Safety stewardship in glass blowing operations
• Experience within a university or research driven institution desirable
For A Database Of Byzantine Movable Art Objects In Italy (330 1453 Ad). Case Studies: Abruzzo,..., Università degli Studi Roma Tre, Italy, 27 days ago
The work entrusted to the researcher will include the cataloguing of Byzantine works of art preserved in museums, collections and sacred buildings in Italy, for the creation of an online database....
Numerical Models For Glass Production Plants., Università degli Studi di Genova, Italy, 18 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Specialist, Łukasiewicz Research Network - Institute of Ceramics and Building Materials, Poland, 3 days ago
Requirements for the candidate: 1. Education: higher technical, MS degree, preferred disciplines: chemical Technology. 2. Theoretical and practical knowledge of the testing methodology of both ETI...
Communications, Projects & Continuous Improvement Officer , Queen Mary, Malta Campus ;, Malta, 14 days ago
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD) is a faculty of Queen Mary University of London, one of the three largest colleges of the University of London, and a member of the pres...
Project Manager For Multiply Project, ISGLOBAL, Spain, 3 days ago
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by ...
Faculty Of Arts And Sciences, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
ABOUT VINUNIVERSITY On 2 March 2018, the Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam approved a proposal by VinGroup to create a new university in Vietnam, to be known as VinUniversity (ww...