|This role requires a creative technical mind to deliver customer satisfaction of the highest quality. Reporting to the Master Machinist this role acts as liaison between Central Workshop and marine repair and operations machine shop. The position requires experience in typical marine materials SS, aluminum and plastic.|
| - Oversee machine shop with several personnel reporting progress on projects.|
- Oversee machine shop assigned the task of marine operations support, to include assembly and disassembly of marine equipment.
- Prototype and/or test mechanical and electro-opto-mechanical components, assemblies, as necessary for marine research vessel.
- Maintain documentation repairs, projects and costing of components.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement processes and contribute to product design enhancements intended to achieve higher reliability and operational quality, embracing a culture of accountability for performance. This includes providing technical assistance to the shops including materials, QC/QA, engineering, safety, training of employees, etc.
- When assigned, prioritize orders, assign duties, and coordinate workflow to ensure completion and delivery in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a marine research vessel it’s repair and operation.
- Ability to make sound operational decisions.
- Reports to the Master Machinist acts as liaison between Central workshop and marine repair and operations machine shop.
| - Demonstrated knowledge and track record in all aspects of CNC Machining.|
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping 3-D printing, SolidWorks 2013, MasterCAM X6, multi-axis CNC/CAM programming, reverse engineering and simulation software.
- SolidWorks and Gibbs Cam proficient.
- Ability to learn to use CNC plasma cutting machine as well as water jet machine.
| - Ability to make sound operational decisions|
- Ability to influence decision making in a cross-functional matrix environment, ability to present information in an organized fashion to train, communicate and gain alignment, and ability to partner and collaborate with KAUST scientists.
- Organization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and excellent customer service attitude, are required.
|- Bachelors degree preferred|
| - Around 5-7 years of pertinent experience and growing responsibilities in high precision prototyping or manufacturing environment with high precision CNC machining, conventional machining, grinding operations, sheet metal fabrication (specifically, Waterjet and Laser cutting/engraving), and welding (TIG, MIG).|
- Exposure to a Marine paint environment and marine operations would be helpful.
Technician/Machinist, University of Alberta, Canada, 24 days ago
Department of Mechanical Engineering Competition No. - S106729904D1 Posting Date - Jul 26, 2017 Closing Date - Aug 02, 2017 Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded Salary Rang...
Mechanical Specialist, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 23 hours ago
Mechanical Specialist( Job Number: 0175463) Description Job Purpose: Perform advanced technical work for the design and fabrication of complex precision components and mechanical devices and elect...
Mechanical Technician Ii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 23 hours ago
Mechanical Technician II( Job Number: 0175464) Description Job Purpose: Perform basic technical work for the design and fabrication of mechanical devices and electromechanical equipment and struct...
Mechanical Technician Iii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 23 hours ago
Mechanical Technician III( Job Number: 0175436) Description Job Purpose: Perform intermediate technical work for the design and fabrication of mechanical devices and electromechanical equipment an...
Design Engineer, The University of Iowa, United States, 2 days ago
DESIGN ENGINEER Requisition # 71548 Position Basics Advertising Ends on:Friday, September 1st, 2017 Advertising Started on:Friday, August 18th, 2017 Organization:College of Engineering Department:...
Millwright/Machine Technology Faculty, Brazosport College, United States, about 16 hours ago
Posting Details Posting Number: 70397 Job Title: Millwright/Machine Technology Faculty Job Summary/Basic Function: Reports to the Division Chair, Construction, Computer Technology & Office Adminis...