|The Category Specialist leads low to medium-complexity projects and supports the Category Manager and Customer Relationship Manager on the execution of high-complexity sourcing projects and supplier relationship management, working effectively along with stakeholders and other members of the Procurement team.|
| • Manages and processes Purchase Requisitions, including: order creation (PO), Supplier contact, order tracking, monitor goods/services reception and payment|
• Liaises with Supply Chain team to ensure continuity of the acquisition of goods and services
• Develop and implement category plans for low to medium complexity categories and contribute to those which are more complex
• Manages low to medium complexity sourcing projects and delivers agreed business results
• Supports the Category Manager on the execution of high complexity sourcing projects
• Advise on a suppliers suitability to fulfil its requirements and to assess its overall suitability
• Builds strong business relationships with suppliers and identifies opportunities for extending these
• Develop and implement Supplier management plans for medium complexity categories
• Operates as a single point of contact for all matters required by small stakeholder groups (e.g. School, Medical Centre, etc.) or projects where assigned by the Customer Relationship Lead
• Supports the Customer Relationship Lead on the development of category strategies and supplier management activities
• Communicates with Customer Relationship Leads and influences effectively project teams and key stakeholders
• Negotiates all types of agreements and manages negotiation teams
• Identifies and manages medium impact risks to the category, escalates high impact risks
• Coaches junior team members to develop new insights from analysis and leading to a deliver solid set of actionable recommendations
• Accountable for quality and timeliness of critical deliverables and communications
• Delivers targets and sustainable value for KAUST through managing and supporting sourcing and supplier relationship management initiatives.
| • Strong written and verbal communication. Able to communicate effectively with mid-level and senior stakeholders|
• Able to determine the actions, risks and end results required in order to get the job done
• Strong problem solving skills and techniques - able to understand and carry out spend analysis, draw out conclusions and fact-based decision making from this
• Excellent Knowledge of Procurement processes: Category Planning, Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management and how to apply them in a diverse range of areas
• Strong desire to understand customer issues as relates to a category and on achieving results which add value for customers
• Ability to use e-procurement applications and Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Extensive experience with Fidic Contracts
| • Ability to coach members of the Procurement team|
• Ability to lead a project team within their specialism
• Ability to think about and suggest ideas which add value to the customer through the category offering
• Ability to plan deliverables, milestone and sign-off points.
• Ability to schedule and monitor activities to achieve organizational goals
• Recognizes when to use different negotiation approaches and builds trusting relationships when resolving conflicts
• Successfully achieves results through persuasion and confident communication. Develops trust and uses logic, reasoning
| • Bachelor’s in a relevant subject. Master’s degree preferred.|
• Procurement Qualification is essential (e.g. MCIPS or relevant Masters)
| • A minimum of 6 years of experience in Procurement organizations with at least 3 years applicable experience in managing/leading multiple sourcing projects|
• Fluency in English
• Extensive experience with FIDIC Contracts
Procurement Contracting Officer Ii, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, 2 days ago
Procurement Contracting Officer II( Job Number: 0175714) Description Job Purpose: Develop, negotiate and administer high dollar value contracts for strategic procurement of goods and services. Mon...
Small Business Administrator, Georgia Institute of Technology, United States, about 6 hours ago
Small Business Administrator( Job Number: 0175817) Description Job Purpose: Support the efforts of Georgia Tech to provide maximum opportunities in its acquisitions to various types of Small Busin...
Business Administrative Associate (Contract Coordinator Uic Purchasing) (Job Id #85643), University of Illinois, United States, 17 days ago
1. Assists colleges and departments in the development and review of contract documents, focusing on contracts negotiation and execution of contracts for goods and services. Determines the best me...
Principal Researcher, American Institutes for Research, United States, 28 days ago
Principal Researcher Job ID 10139 Job Location US-MD-Rockville Job Location United States Alternate locations .. Category .. More information about this job: Overview: The American Institutes for ...
Open Lab, Studio Manager – Organisational Superstar (G337 17 Ca), Massey University, New Zealand, about 17 hours ago
Reporting to the Chairman, Open Lab Board, the Studio Manager is the operational manager and figurehead of Open Lab business activity. The position provides a primary liaison with clients, and dir...
Supervisor, Gannon Press And Distribution Services , Gannon University, United States, 9 days ago
Supervisor, Gannon Press and Distribution Services Opening date: 9/29/2017 Review of applications will begin immediately. This position will remain open until filled. Internal Closing date: Bull...