- The individual serves the ACL mission to support research at KAUST and regionally by providing most advanced techniques and expertise for custom and routine chemical analysis in a user‐ driven environment.
- The scientist serves this mission in his/her main area of expertise, which is the analysis of organic compounds using chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques.
- In addition, the scientist is expected to fulfill a multitude of laboratory and university‐related tasks
- Work in a team of scientists to conduct both routine and custom research‐grade sample analyses for different clients, guided by the Team Lead and ACL management
- Provide training and technical support to lab users including KAUST researchers, students, external collaborators and industry users on techniques and newly developed methods in area of expertise
- Develop and implement instrumental analytical methods and improvements to existing methods, including associated Standard Operating procedures (SOP)
- Manage analytical projects for internal and external clients
- Actively contribute and build expertise in a fast changing work environment; for example, by keeping up to date on most advanced techniques in in the specific area of expertise
- Ensure good laboratory practice and safety in the assigned work area at all times
- Ensure appropriate maintenance status and maximum uptime of assigned instruments (plan, perform and oversee preventative and corrective maintenance, purchase consumables, etc.)
- Deliver high quality results at all times in a timely manner. Communicate problems to the supervisor
- Identify areas for improvement in lab operations and suggest solutions for same
- Maintain a positive mindset, persistence and resilient nature in a multicultural environment
- Perform routine laboratory duties and maintenance, including administrative, procurement, service on task forces and committees
- Other duties as assigned by the team lead and director
- Demonstrable experience with chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques such as FTICR-MS, MALDI-TOF, GCxGC TOF, GC-MS/MS, GC‐FID, LC-MS, HT-GPC, etc.
- Preferable experience with high resolution mass spectrometric techniques and those used for organic compounds characterization, crude oil characterization and polymer analyses such as FTICR-MS, GCxGC TOF, UHPLC-TOF, GPC and MALDI-TOF
- Strong problem solving skills. For example, incumbent should be able to troubleshoot and conduct simple repairs independently or remotely guided by maintenance engineers
- Ability to develop methods as instructed by the Team Lead and validate them using chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques
- Some supervisory and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- PhD in analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, geochemistry, environmental science or a related field with strong fundamental knowledge of organic analytical chemistry, gas chromatography, gel permeation chromatography and high resolution mass spectrometry.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience with in-depth operational knowledge and experience in organic compound characterization, crude oil characterization, polymer products, lubricants using state of the art instrumentation in the oil and gas industry, university core facility, national laboratory, or in a commercial laboratory.
Associate Professor, RUDARSKO-GEOLOŠKO-NAFTNI FAKULTET, Croatia, 7 days ago
Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering announces vacancy for an Associaste Professor in the Scientific area of Technical Sciences, field: Mining, Geological and Petroleum Engineering...
Assistant Professor, RUDARSKO-GEOLOŠKO-NAFTNI FAKULTET, Croatia, 27 days ago
Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering announces vacancy for an Assistant Professor in the Scientific area of Technical Sciences, field: Mining, Geological and Petroleum Engineering,...
Professor, Department Of Petroleum Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Job Description (Professor) -(Academic Sector) Description The Department of Petroleum Engineering, which is an academic unit within the College of Engineering at Khalifa University, is dedicated...
Assistant Professor, Department Of Petroleum Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Job Description (Assistant Professor) -(Academic Sector) Description The Department of Petroleum Engineering, which is an academic unit within the College of Engineering at Khalifa University, is...
Young Researcher In Petroleomics M/F, CNRS, Europe, 3 days ago
- Bibliographic study - Set up an extraction scheme on the studied complexe matrices (L-L extraction, Soxhlet,…) - Report writing on the developed methods Supramolecular interactions, introduced u...
Faculty Professor Assistant Full Time, University of Pittsburgh, United States, about 6 hours ago
Faculty Professor Assistant - Full-Time Chem/Petroleum Engineering - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (21008764) Faculty Opening - Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, University of Pittsburgh The Departm...