Postdoctoral Fellow in Sociology
Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge
The Higher School of Economics Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of labor market for highly qualified R&D personnel (theories, models, implementation of empirical studies).
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Sociology or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in sociology of science, labor market and human capital studies, ability to work in team, good analytical skills and experience in statistical, sociological and expert research.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Dr. Natalia Shmatko , Head of Department for Human Capital Research, Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge research projects such as:
- Monitoring of the Labor Market for Highly Qualified R&D Personnel
- Innovation Activities of the Innovation Process Actors Monitoring Project
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge;
- participation in the events of the Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge and other contribution to the Institute’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge offers access to its databases and analytical software, as well as to the empirical results of monitoring surveys conducting during Postdoctoral Contract.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV , a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at [email protected] before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here .
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge – visit official web-site of the Institute , learn more about "Monitoring of the Labor Market for Highly Qualified R&D Personnel" research or contact Dr. Natalia Shmatko or Ms. Olga Maximova , manager at ISSEK, directly
- about international specialists' life in Moscow - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at [email protected]
Postdoctoral Fellow, Petroleum Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Location AE Organization Name Petroleum Engineering About University The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of Science ...
Postdoctoral Research Position At The Skoltech Laboratory Of Materials Discovery Of The Cest, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
The Computational Materials Design Laboratory of the Center for Energy Science and Technology (CEST) at the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech) in Moscow opens competition amon...
Postdoctoral Fellow To Work On The Impact Of Warming And Resource Limitation On Phytoplankton Metabolism, ETH, Switzerland, 17 days ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: Post Doc Position / Senior Scientist 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Energy- / Water Economics Functional Area Research & Development Salary 0 /...
PostdocToral ReSearcher To A ProJect: EmBedDing EnvironMental Sustainability Norms In Society (EmBed) In Sustainability Science, University of Helsinki, Belgium, about 13 hours ago
The University of Helsinki in Finland is one of the world’s leading universities for multidisciplinary research. The university has an international academic community of 40,000 students, research...
Post Doc Within The Field Of European Labour Market Analysis And Unemployment Data, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant post doc within the field of European labour market analysis and unemployment data with a specific focus on profiling of unemployed. Th...
Post Doc Position Digital Economic Policy, ETH, Switzerland, 5 days ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: Post Doc Position / Senior Scientist 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Economy / Management Salary 0 / Entry d...