“Horia Hulubei” National Institute for Research and Development in Physics and Nuclear Engineering is hiring one scientific research assistant for a definite duration, until 30th September 2022, (project duration + 2 years), full time, under the Project “DEVELOPMENT OF SECURITY APPLICATIONS BASED ON COMPLEX EXPERIMENTAL TECHNOLOGIES USED IN THE STUDY OF COSMIC RADIATION”
Requirements for filling the position:
- Master programme student/master graduate/doctoral programme student in physics/engineering;
- Knowledge of IT, data processing software, hardware programming, simulation software;
- Foreign languages: English, very good;
- Knowledge of the topics and bibliography specified in the announcement.
Skills and abilities: team player, communication skills, working independently.
- Acquiring the knowledge required to fulfil project tasks;
- On-going training and honing in the field of the position topics;
- Taking part in muon flux measurements using the detection systems from IFIN-HH;
- Taking part in the muon flux data processing using the detection systems from IFIN-HH, namely the mobile detector and the underground detector;
- Conducting Monte Carlo simulations necessary for interpreting and processing the experimental data;
- Taking part in various specific IT support activities.
Applications will contain the following documents:
- The request to register for the competition is found at www.nipne.ro;
- Copies of study diplomas;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificate indicating the capacity of master/doctoral programme student;
- Copy of the identity document/passport.
The competition will consist of a written test and an interview in the field of the position topics.
The interview can be held only by the candidates who have obtained a minimum score of 7 in the written test.
The candidates who have obtained a minimum score of 7 at the interview are declared admitted. The final score is calculated as arithmetic mean of the scores obtained for the written test and the interview and must be at least 7. The candidate who has obtained the highest score among the candidates competing for the same position is considered admitted, provided that they have obtained the minimum necessary score.
The applications will be sent to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org , until 16.07.2020.
The written test and the interview will take place on 24.07.2020, at 10:00.
Additional information can be obtained by calling 021/404.61.78 or 021/404.23.00 extension 5612.
Topics: General notions of nuclear physics, elementary particles, cosmic radiation.
Faculty Position For Theoretical Medium And High Energy Physics, Administration Office of Institute of physics, Taiwan, about 19 hours ago
Position ID:Academia Sinica -Administration Office of Institute of physics -MHEPTH1 [#16558] Position Title: Position Type:Tenured/Tenure-track faculty Position Location:Taipei, Taipei 11529, Tai...
Extra Help Medical Technologist I Molecular/Microbiology (Job Id #134841), University of Illinois, United States, about 18 hours ago
Perform moderately complex tests by various analyzers in the Laboratory, and/or by manual methods, on various specimen sources, under close supervision: PCR Procedures: performs PCR analysis to de...
Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
As part of the Surbana Jurong-NTU Corporate Lab (SJ-NTU Corp Lab), we are looking for experienced individuals with strong background in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in thermal/energy...
Postdoctoral/Ph D Position In Privacy Preserving Data Processing And Analysis, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
About the position This Postdoctoral/PhD position is at the Department of Information Security and Communication Technology (IIK), NTNU Gjøvik. For more information about the department, see https...
Post Doctoral Research Associate Development Of Instrumentation For Gravitational Wave Observatories, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands, about 21 hours ago
Do you have experience in experimental physics or engineering, and would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team to develop and build the new generation of large-scale gravitational wave dete...
Research Associate, Computer Science, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
School of Computer Science and Engineering invites applications for the position of Research Associate. Key Responsibilities: Work on design novel algorithms for solving large scale games (such as...