Genetics and Molecular Biology of Congenital Muscle Diseases
In a pioneering international initiative, Cornell University and Weill Cornell Medical College established the Weill Cornell Medicine - Qatar (WCM-Q) through a unique partnership with the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development and has been in operation since 2002.
The Neurogenetics Laboratory at WCM-Q seeks candidates for a postdoctoral associate position in Genetics and Molecular Biology of Congenital Muscle Diseases. We are a diverse group that studies the genetics, genomics, and molecular biology of monogenetic disorders with particular focus on those involving the central nervous system as well as the skeletal muscles.
- Perform molecular analysis of subjects’ genome sequencing data to identify the genetic cause underlying the heritable disorder clinically observed in the patients.
- Design and perform a variety of biological experiments to study the impact of gene mutations both at the in-vitro and cellular levels.
- Design and prepare constructs for the in-vitro studies and functional analysis.
- Prepare and maintain laboratory work records.
- Conduct literature reviews related to the genes and molecular pathogenesis of the disease’s phenotype under investigation.
- Handle basic work related to genetic research, including the extraction of good quality genetic materials, use of the freely available genetic, and variations analysis software.
- Prepare manuscript’s draft and figures for publications.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biology of Human Genetics, or in a closely related field.
- Prior in-depth experience with human genetics studies, molecular biology experiments [proved practical experience is essentially required].
- FACs analysis, co-immunoprecepitation, plasmid construction, ER and mitochondrial related functional studies, analysis of the genetic and sequencing data using available bioinformatics tools.
- Effective written and oral skills, including communication with others from different fields and backgrounds.
WCM-Q is located in Education City, among other American universities, in Doha, Qatar, which is a rapidly growing research hub. The WCM-Q research program offers a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment, endowed with a comprehensive support infrastructure. Details regarding the WCM-Q research program and facilities can be accessed at
The stipend offered is commensurate with experience. Fully furnished housing and a car allowance are also provided.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application, outlining their interest in the position, along with their curriculum vitae, which should include the names and contact details of three referees, to http://job.qatar-weill.cornell.edu
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the position is filled.Weill Cornell Medical College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/M/F/H/V)
Research Assistant In Basic And Clinical Muscle Biology , Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 3 days ago
At the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology we teach and conduct internationally acclaimed, high-quality research in Physiology, Pharmacology, Anesthesiology and Intensive care. We have aroun...
Research Assistant Professor, University of Nevada, Reno, United States, about 13 hours ago
Position Information Position Information Job Title Research Assistant Professor Department Physiology & Cell Biology Department Web Address https://med.unr.edu/physio Full Time Equivalent 100 Pos...
] Tenure Track Management & Organizations (Open Rank), Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School Of Management, Cornell University, , United States, about 10 hours ago
The Cornell SC Johnson College of Business invites applications for a tenure-track (open rank) position in our Management and Organizations Area, intended for placement in the Samuel Curtis Johnso...
] Professor Of Accounting (All Ranks), Cornell Sc Johnson College Of Business, , United States, about 10 hours ago
The SC Johnson College of Business at Cornell University invites applications for two full time tenure-track Professor positions in our Accounting Area in Ithaca, with a start date of July 1, 2018...
Senior Researcher In Cardiac Regeneration Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 23 days ago
The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts research and education in cell biology, molecular biology, developmental biolo...
Chair Of Phytopathology, Technische Universität München, Germany, 4 days ago
31.07.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Phytopathology at the Technical University of Munich, TUM School of Life Sciences, hires a PhD. Student in the field of Molecular evolution of ...